1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Were the Apostles Commissioned to Do in Evangelism?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Scripture More Accurately, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Scripture More Accurately

Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Paul evangelized the Corinthians by preaching the gospel to them (1 Cor. 15), not only did he proclaim that Christ was buried and that he himself was a personal eyewitness of the Lord's appearances after His resurrection but also, he proclaimed to the Corinthians about many others who were also eyewitnesses of the Resurrection appearances.

Paul has commanded us to be followers of him, as he was of the Lord (1 Cor. 11:1). In a similar manner to Paul's evangelism, therefore, we are to make known in our evangelism biblically that Christ was buried and that many credible eyewitnesses saw (and heard, touched, and ate and drank with) Him after His resurrection.

#21 Scripture More Accurately, Nov 24, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
  2. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just wasn't looking to take away 2/3rds of Jesus' Commission to His churches and then add to it some things I have read, with the idea that Jesus at the Judgment is going to tell me that that is great idea.

3. Scripture More Accurately

Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea what you mean with these remarks.

• Agree Agree x 1