1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wife is voting for Trump

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Nov 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There will be no cabinet post for any Republican if Trump is the Republican nominee. The entire swing vote will go to the Democrats in a landslide victory that equals or betters the victory Reagan had over Mondale.
    At this moment, the Democrats are praying for Donald Trump to be nominated because it ensures their victory in the White House.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are very seriously underestimating the Trump campaign's potential.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ambassador to India perhaps? I don’t think Niki is going to be in the lineup… but maybe Ron DeSantis could find a place provided he kiss the ring and grovel. LOL Regarding Chris Christy, can’t make enough room to fit him anywhere but maybe mayor of Atlantic City or Fort Lee. :Laugh

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I always hear the blanket statement that Baptists were the primary denomination influencing the separation of church & state thing… so I googled it. Wikipedia reference (partial):

Those of the Radical Reformation (the Anabaptists) took Luther's ideas in new directions, most notably in the writings of Michael Sattler (1490–1527), who agreed with Luther that there were two kingdoms, but differed in arguing that these two kingdoms should be separate, and hence baptized believers should not vote, serve in public office or participate in any other way with the "kingdom of the world". While there was a diversity of views in the early days of the Radical Reformation, in time Sattler's perspective became the normative position for most Anabaptists in the coming centuries.[13] Anabaptists came to teach that religion should never be compelled by state power, approaching the issue of church-state relations primarily from the position of protecting the church from the state.[14][15][16]

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, I'm more certain Trump will be the GOP nominee than that the Democrats are putting up Biden again. But, if the general is between these two, there's four years each to contrast and compare.

Don't believe for a minute that any of them want to face Trump - heard that in 2016, and look what happened. Actions speak louder than words, kangaroo courts and corrupt partisan hack judges are scared to death at the thought. They are even trying to disqualify Trump from the ballot in some states there's no way he'd win anyways. You'd think they'd want Trump on the ballot to boost turnout if he's soooooooo unelectable.

Nevertrumpers will just have to stay home or go for Joe again. Oh, wait, they could write in Condi Rice like that tool GWB did. Not so sure about the other side, they are making a few moves to dumping Biden and going with some other leftist, like commie Gavin but they're running out of time for that. The other GOP candidates are going to go nowhere - Christie is just a poorer, even fatter version of Trump in personality, Nikki is like that one person said, Dick Cheney in heels, that Vivec guy is staying in just to spite her, but I kind of miss Tim Scott - he is better SC than Nimrata.

And DeSantis, really hope he drops out soon to rehabilitate his image. He has been one terrific governor.

6. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I am not.
    The left and swing vote will be galvanized against Donald Trump. Trump will get beaten down even worse than in 2020 when he called for a mutiny against democracy in January 6th.
    The Trump supporters are delusional in their imagination that those outside their camp will side with them. Whether it's real or not, Trump supporters are viewed as being utter baffoons. The country laughs at his followers as being morons. They fear his followers because of January 6th. They think his followers may resort to a treasonous,violent, overthrow of the government when Trump loses a second time.

You seriously underestimate the cultural shift that has happened in the US. As long as churches place their faith in politics, the Christian right will see failure. The church needs to get on its knees, repent for placing the idol of politics on the pulpit, and seek God's mercy in providing true Christian leadership in this country.
    I don't see that happening. The fig tree has lost its fruit.

7. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    FB_IMG_1700168577996.jpg How the US views Trump:

8. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "a mutiny against democracy", don't think so but believe whatever you wish. If you're right, that Trump will lose in a big landside because orange man bad, you really don't have anything to worry about then. You'll just be able to keep laughing at all the morons that you're smarter than.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well he certainly has his his opinions right and we all know what opinions are akin to and everyone has one ;)

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The church I visit has their own faith statement concerning this…We believe that every Christian has a direct, personal, faith relationship with God; that each local church is autonomous and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority; in this way, the Church and State must be kept separate.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The radical Democrat party is doing that more and more.

12. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yet, here you are placing Trump on a pedestal and applauding your wife for doing the same.
    Perhaps you should take your churches statement and separate yourself from politics of the State.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m not putting Trump on a pedestal… remember I worked on his NY construction projects and know his underhanded ways. All I said is that he has preformed better than the current scum running the country. And it’s my wife who literally hates the guy but she is the one who stated she now will vote for him… but hey, if you hate him so much maybe I will vote for him just because
    :Tongue

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    TDS has done more damage to this country than a great many things.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say it’s liberalism and all it’s iterations. Anyone that assigns virtue to any politician is going to be disappointed. Idealism is for those who can’t come to terms with reality. Would you say that Jesus was an idealist?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can’t take any post seriously that claims democrats are praying.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right now it looks like a Biden-Trump election is about 50/50 (Trump ahead but within a margin of error for 50/50).

Now, this means if Biden runs against any other GOP candidate it will probably be an easy win.

Depending, of course, what transpires between now and the election.

18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. But His kingdom was not of this world (the ideal matched the reality). ;)

19. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know. It is DS that caused people to vote in T in the first place.
    I am amazed at the delusion that has fallen upon self-declared Christians in the United States.

20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now this I agree with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.