1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Buddhism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know this to be true based on what?

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Evan, understand something: Buddhism does NOT believe in a God...the few that do certainly do not believe in a personal God like we do. Their end of life goal is the complete emptying of self and consciousness....becoming one with the Universe. In other words, oblivion is their preferred outcome.

This is in STARK contrast to what we believe as Christians. In fact, Christians and Buddhists are pretty much on different planets, theologically-speaking. My suggestion: let your wife do the talking.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only the "demon lemonade". :laugh:

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am tempted and sin on a regular basis! I am a depraved person, whom has come to faith in Christ only by His grace.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct I am giving him more power and acting like one of these Charismatics whom sees a devil in every room! Yes I have met these type that think every bad thing that happens is the work of a devil. I guess this is a part of the problem when I read non Calvinist based Spiritual Warfare books. I have Calvinist versions as well but I read both.

The devil is Gods devil as Martin Luther would say and I will continue my evangelism mission as they cannot harm me! Amen!!!

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct I have acted on my Charismatic background (raised a Charismatic) instead of what the Bible says and my teachings in Reformed theology.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well they hate it when people can think and reason. For example I met a microbiologist in Denver last week and I pleaded with him to reason and even offered him a Ken Ham booklet but he refused and stayed in his ways. Had he took the booklet and actually thought about the material he may have considered Christianity and the many evidences for God. But he wanted to remain a atheist.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alcohol is one way they can enter a persons life.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed so but I believe she is afraid to contact them due to some past experiences. As a Christian they can do as much as God lets them, but we do not know what God will permit. So I may have to move on to another church to evangelize. Catholics, hmm. I have yet to send a letter to a Catholic church.

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So he was a demon?

11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did he hate reason, or did he adhere to his opinion?

Others on this site have tried to reason with you over perceived mistakes (most recently: windshield flyers, letters to pastors, "whom"), only to find you unwilling to consider opinions other than your own. Would this suggest that you are under demonic influence?

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know.

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its really their opinion. I follow the Bible and I follow those whom teach me about evangelism and that is from Ray Comfort and associated parties and they suggest placing tracts everywhere (including on cars) and preaching to all people, and plenty of times on the WOTM Podcast have they had a false teacher or encouraged evangelizing of a false teacher. Also besides Comfort I heard another evangelist at a conference lately whom suggested the same and even sold gospel tracts intended for outreach to them! But of all this its the Bible and what it teaches at the end of Mark and Luke that I follow. So I will not listen to you nor anyone whom cannot see this.

We live in a day of Relativism and Pluralism and these philosophies have clearly invaded the church as well as this board. Its not popular these days to point out peoples errors in an effort of compassion to save them from the fires of Hell.

#33 evangelist6589, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Do not confuse method with message. I cannot immediately think of anyone who has questioned the message that you wish to share. The way you share it, however...

As for your contention about relativism and pluralism on this site, I think that you are off base. No example comes to mind and would ask you to cite examples.

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

As I said I disagree with you.

16. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you will make the charge that relativism and pluralism have "invaded" this site, yet you will not offer no examples when asked for them?

Let us reason this out.

#36 Rolfe, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not in terms of theology nor belief that was an emotional response on my part.

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So people are demons, or demons are people?

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. First, you can't "reason" your way into Christianity. I know several, however, who reason their way "out of it." God has chosen the "foolish" things of this world and we lean not on our own understanding. I am sure that there are plenty of reasonable, educated atheists out there who are far more intelligent and reasonable than I. I think your understanding of demons is very much anthropomorphic.

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. If someone is open to reason that is the first step and only the Holy Spirit can grant faith and repentance, but I want reasoned converts and not striclty emotional converts whom make an emotional response, and then retreat when their emotions run out, like they were drunk or high. A reasoned convert will be open and see the error of his/her way and call to Christ for mercy and repentance and faith. They will be true converts and not false as they will follow in discipleship and the Lordship of Christ. Perhaps with some this may take longer as it did in my case.

But they need hope and correct doctrine. I was under Weslyian theology in 1989 and had dreams and temptings of the devil that I was a false convert because I had not said the sinners prayer in a certain way. I did not hear good reason in that church, but was taught salvation could be lost if I committed a sin, or fell into sin. If I had heard from John McArthur and or someone else that was Biblical in those days my life would have been different instead of going down the Weslyian bear trap for many years. But God had mercy on me!!!

#40 evangelist6589, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014