1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Game-changer! Arizona to pass 2012 eligibility law

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jan 26, 2011.

1. targus

targus New Member

Well, that is that then. :rolleyes:

Moderator please close this thread. :smilewinkgrin:

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What the federal government thinks it knows or doesn't know doesn't matter at all. They don't verify the authenticity of birth certificates.

But the states can if they want to. It's their right. You do believe in states rights, don't you?

Methinks you may just be afraid Mr. Obama can't provide a valid birth certificate.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what happens if the official state checker refuses to validate a candidate with a legitimate birth certificate because he does hates the candidate?

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

If this law passes I could not get on the ballot in Arizona. According to the link in the OP it requires the doctor's signature plus two witnesses. My Alaska birth certificate only has the doctor and one attending nurse.

So can Arizona dictate that I don't meet the requirement to be a natural born citizen in their state?

If so, where is this going to lead with state after state adding new proof requirements?

#24 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2011
  5. targus

targus New Member

Your parents didn't sign?

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Apparently Alaska did not require it. No room for their signatures. Besides, dads were not normally in the room hack then.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a candidate fails to meet a state's requirements then the state should not place that candidate on its ballot.

Now the U.S. Supreme Court might weigh in on the whether or not a particular state's requirements pass constitutional muster and force a particular state to change its requirements.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats right - before 1920, dads could not be in the delivery room! :smilewinkgrin:

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK Ken. I get it.

You don't want to answer.

No problem.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Barack Obama does not meet a state's ballot eligibility requirements in 2012 then he should not be on that state's ballot.

Also, if I was under oath and was asked if I believe that Barack Obama meets the constitutional citizenship requirement to be president I would have to say that I do not know. A lot of legitimate questions have been raised on this board and elsewhere that need to cleared up by President Obama.

Now, does that satisfy you, carpro?

12. targus

targus New Member

KenH - you crazy birther !!! :laugh: :laugh: :smilewinkgrin:

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, even Chris Matthews has said that the president needs to clear this matter up. :)

14. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Unless I'm mistaken, I had to provide a copy of my birth certificate to attend grade school, attend college, serve in the military, get a security clearance, get my occupational licenses, get married, get at least one driver license, etc. and every time it had to be a certified copy of the original as filed in home State showing all the original information - not a computer generated certified extract of only limited information. Some bureaucrat will probably demand one from my survivors when I kick the bucket! I know the documentation today is a little different today but not 40 plus years ago. Obama may truly have been born in the USA - I don't know one way or the other - but it bothers me more and more that he won't or can't provide the same quality documentation that I've had to provide all my life. I can't help but wonder why that is necessary - what's to hide?

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dragon, you are missing the point - all the things you listed are very important activities - for which a certified copy would be required.

With Obama, we are only talking about being President of the United States - you know - no big deal. Now do you understand?

16. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Of course! The common folk have to abide by higher standards!

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fair enough.

what took you so long?

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

My own problem with this proposal is not that states require evidence of qualification before a candidate for president can be put on the ballot. Every state has the right to require that, and I think it might be a good idea.

The problem is having states decide what that evidence might be when every state has differences in their certifying of births. My view is that every state ought to recognise the right of other states to certify births in the state according to their standards. These laws appear to take the onus off of the candidate and on to the state to provide satisfactory evidence on their style of birth certificates.

The law could be as simple as this - 'Any candidate desiring to be listed on the state's ballot for president must provide evidence of his/her status as a natural born citizen.'

19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That could be left up to interpretation as to what would be accepted as evidence. Suppose the mother said, "Well, its right here in our family Bible"... How about a newspaper article - actually, there was one for BO- would that be sufficient?

20. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Salty, by law, Obama's birth certificate prima facie proof of his birth in Hawaii.