BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Baptist Board.com Archives (read only) > 2003 Archive

2003 Archive 2003 Archive.

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Old 06-01-2003, 07:33 AM
2,000 Posts Club

I wonder, anyone of you who believe in Amillennialism.

Please visit newest amillennialism forum:

http://pub206.ezboard.com/bendtimeforum

Hope you enjoy read these!

In Christ
Rev. 22:20 - Amen!
Old 06-01-2003, 06:40 PM
20,000 Posts Club

Amillenialism certainly a valid interpretation. Since it's not a matter of dictrine, and since it's not covered in the five baptist disctinctives, it's certainly acceptible for baptists to believe in amillenialism if they so choose.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:56 PM

Somewhere I read that ol' Johnny Calvin was amil. Is this true?
Old 06-03-2003, 09:58 PM

Dear Friends,

Most bible believing evangelical Baptists are pre-millennialists. But that is of no significance. The majority may be wrong. The majority of voting members of a Baptist church or any church can be just as wrong as the crowds of united Presbyterians who approved of Gay/Lesbian ministers or the crowds that voted for Barabbas and against Jesus in Jerusalem during the Passover of 32 A.D.

As for amillennialism in Baptist circles the real puzzle is why Bible believing Baptists do not believe that the Apostle John's words in Revelation 20 were inspired. Why do they tear these 6 verses out of their Bibles and drop them in the dumpster? FIVE TIMES IN SIX VERSES the Holy Spirit states that a thousand year period lies ahead of us ruled over by Christ/Messiah and His overcoming saints glorified out of this age.-Rev.20:1-6 Is this a problem for them? And if so, why?

Any evangelical who denies the truth of these 6 verses in Revelation 20 should be trembling in their boots before the face of Almighty God. Why? Because that person deep down has a hostile attitude to the throne of David. That is the root of antisemitism. And he or she has a bad attitude to the coming literal thousand year rule of Messiah.

Here is some further info on the Millennium and the Messiah. During the 19th century all the kings of Europe would rise to their feet when the "Hallelujah chorus, by Handel, was sung. Would that we evangelicals today had the same respect for the coming ruling Christ as our coming Messiah that they had back then. We are a rebellious and stiff necked people. We prefer to do business with the princes of this world rather than do business with the Prince of Peace. He will establish HIS Kingdom ruling over this entire earth from Jerusalem in the glorious future Millennium of Messiah. Hadn't we better get on HIS side?

Huge chunks of Old Testament poetry tell the story as well. But churchy powers don't want to hear of it. They do not want to be embarrassed by having to mention a returning Jesus before the kings and rulers and bankers and businessmen that rule over this world and the godless rabble that vote them in. Westerners are a mob. A gang of people who claim to be Christian but who don't want Jesus to come any closer to them and their "human affairs" than their stained glass reveries in Sunday church between 11:00 and 12:00.

The Roman Catholic Church is Amillennial. So are the old Reformed churches. A worthy Baptist who reads and believes his Bible should have moved on beyond these old camps. He should have departed from this dark pagan medieval anti Israel, anti-throne of David, anti cosmic Christ doctrine that denies Jesus will come again to rule on this earth for a thousand years.

http://endtimepilgrim.org/millennium.htm

Blessings to the Bereans,

Gavin
Old 06-03-2003, 10:06 PM
3,000 Posts Club

I guess I'm an anti-semetic pagan.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:20 PM

Gavin,

Why do you have to attack amils to promote your own beliefs? It's not a convincing way to win an argument.

You know we interpret Rev. 20 differently--you and I have discussed it. We don't throw any of God's Word in the dumpster any more than you do.

And guilt by association just doesn't stand up. The Catholics also believe in the Trinity--so should we then reject it? The Jehovah's Witnesses are all premillemial, does it taint that eschatology?

Consider your arguments more carefully and more of us would engage in meaningful discussion with you.

In Christ,

Tim
Old 06-03-2003, 10:29 PM

[ June 04, 2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Primitive Baptist ]
Old 06-04-2003, 12:24 AM
3,000 Posts Club

True amillennialism doesn't believe a millennial reign of any kind. The idea that the 1000 years mentioned in Revelation 20 is running along side the current age lines up with preterism(sp) or partial-pretrism.

I would be interested in seeing how many baptist pastors are amillennial as oppossed to the those in the pew that are premill. What would have happened if instead of a premill study bible coming out first (Scofield) someone put out a amill study bible for people to follow. The convoluted premill scheme needed a study bible just to follow what no one really took serious until that time and even after. Had Scofield not put out his study bible premill would have gone the way of the horse and buggy.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:45 AM
2,000 Posts Club

Yes, John Calvin was a amill. Strange, I am not Calvinist. I am Independent Fundamental Baptist. I am aware that over 90% to 95% of IFB people are premill. I was a strong premill before.

I will start a new topic about millennium issue later today.

In Christ
Rev. 22:20 - Amen!
Old 06-04-2003, 11:21 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by go2church:
True amillennialism doesn't believe a millennial reign of any kind. The idea that the 1000 years mentioned in Revelation 20 is running along side the current age lines up with preterism(sp) or partial-pretrism.

I would be interested in seeing how many baptist pastors are amillennial as oppossed to the those in the pew that are premill. What would have happened if instead of a premill study bible coming out first (Scofield) someone put out a amill study bible for people to follow. The convoluted premill scheme needed a study bible just to follow what no one really took serious until that time and even after. Had Scofield not put out his study bible premill would have gone the way of the horse and buggy.
I never really could make sense out of the whole premill scene, especially since it was considered heresy by those in our Baptist past (ie.Spurgeon).
Maybe this is a good time for all Baptists to ask themselves what they believe and why. It's true Scofield, Dakes etc have destroyed a lot of Baptists and it is just plain silly the way some of us claim Irving, Darby, Lacunza, Miller, White and Russell as heretics but yet accept their teaching on so great a subject without even batting an eyelash! I'm amill and proud of it and I do believe all of the Bible including Revelation. I just don't accept the pre-crowd's commentary on the Bible as a whole and on the Second Coming in particular.
Your brother
John