BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Baptist DEBATE Forums (Baptist Only) > General Baptist Discussions

General Baptist Discussions Baptist topics that don't fit in the forums below

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Old 05-02-2012, 06:55 PM
15,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshua1 View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to have those holding to strictly reformed views migrate over to the puritan board instead of setting up a seperate forum section here? As believe that over there have a board for adult baptism believers in reformed theolgy, and that would cover baptists!

I personally enjoy interaction between say Icon/earth wind and fire etc and we "traditional" baptists here on the BB!
Who said anything about doing it here....Im pushing for a separate forum. I personally do not believe it will work in this existing forum because of some of the issues you bring up. however if Mark wishes to try, please be my guest (I will support it/ was pretty sure I was going to leave so).... & perhaps it will bring back many of the "reformed types" who have become disgusted with the place & have left to pursue other interests.

"Were it not for God's choosing some, Heaven would have none." (Jer 13:23; John 6:38-9, 44)

Hosea 10:12
12 Sow for yourselves righteousness;
Reap in mercy;
Break up your fallow ground,
For it is time to seek the Lord,
Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.

“God is with me wherever I go.” ---George Whitefield, 1739

Last edited by Earth, Wind & Fire; 05-02-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:00 PM
15,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwaltermd View Post
The Puritan Board wouldn't work. I found them to be very intolerant overall. I was kicked off the forum after adding a work by Scofield to my blog.

I find it very easy to hold brotherly dialogue with traditional Baptists, since I was raised in a traditional Baptist church and since I currently enjoy fellowship in a traditional, independent Baptist church.

I've given this some thought since EWF gave me the idea. Setting up a domain and a forum is the easy part. If I do that, I want to make sure that it's done for a good -- the right -- reason. I don't think that those who hold to the DoG are, in anyway, antagonized here. I like this forum. There are a number of folks who have a reformed Baptist perspective and -- like me -- don't have access to or don't belong to a reformed Baptist church. A specific forum might be helpful in that way. I'm examining my heart on this one. I would only launch a forum if it were God-glorifying and edifying to believers -- otherwise, I'd rather not. I should come to a decision on this within the next day.
Mark if your going to do it then you will have to devote enough time to it....like an MD devotes his time to the patient. Bed side manner is no substitute for the right diagnosis.

"Were it not for God's choosing some, Heaven would have none." (Jer 13:23; John 6:38-9, 44)

Reap in mercy;

Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 AM
10,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth, Wind & Fire View Post
Im neither a Covenanter Or a Dipsy. I am strongly Doctrines of Grace in my salvation theology & I am orthodox in my theology... why are you asking?
just was asking if you consider yourself as being "fully reformed!"
Old 05-03-2012, 09:07 AM
10,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth, Wind & Fire View Post
Who said anything about doing it here....Im pushing for a separate forum. I personally do not believe it will work in this existing forum because of some of the issues you bring up. however if Mark wishes to try, please be my guest (I will support it/ was pretty sure I was going to leave so).... & perhaps it will bring back many of the "reformed types" who have become disgusted with the place & have left to pursue other interests.
Would those baptists who hold to 'reformed" as the basis of Sotierology, but have not taken over entire system as regards to eschatology be able to come on in and discuss?

or could it be 5 pointers/reformed "full" calvinists and another for 4 pointers, baptsist calvinist such as at DTS?
Old 05-03-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshua1 View Post
Would those baptists who hold to 'reformed" as the basis of Sotierology, but have not taken over entire system as regards to eschatology be able to come on in and discuss?

or could it be 5 pointers/reformed "full" calvinists and another for 4 pointers, baptsist calvinist such as at DTS?
If I did it, I couldn't see making it that particular or exclusive. All of the above that you just mentioned should be welcome. I'm more of a premillenialist myself. I will be looking at some hosting options this weekend.

http://www.thecalvinistcafe.org/
Old 05-04-2012, 01:30 PM
10,000 Posts Club

Quote:
If I did it, I couldn't see making it that particular or exclusive. All of the above that you just mentioned should be welcome. I'm more of a premillenialist myself. I will be looking at some hosting options this weekend.
that would be very interesting!

think that we could have a board somewhat like the puritan Board, but hopefully with a more Christian tone and atmosphere!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:40 AM

I just added an ebook which is a compilation of C.H. Spurgeon sermons and writings in defense of each of the Doctrines of Grace. These have been freely available at several web resources, yet not compiled into a single ebook volume. Give it a look!

http://calvinistcafe.blogspot.com/

Old 05-06-2012, 01:45 PM

Okay. The Reformed Baptist forum/free ebook blog is up and running! It is a work in progress...

Old 05-06-2012, 05:22 PM
15,000 Posts Club

Thank you Mark...I will be very happy to check it out!

Reap in mercy;

Old 05-06-2012, 07:05 PM
1,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Okay. The Reformed Baptist forum/free ebook blog is up and running! It is a work in progress...

Looks good I will add it to my list.
All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
Isaiah 40:6-8

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Isaiah 53:11

No Brag - Just Fact