1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

¡CUIDADO! Possible Virus

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by rlvaughn, Jan 19, 2002.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just want to make this information available in another forum. If you linked to one of the German smilie sites posted in the Humor forum, you might run into this possible problem. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I wanted to warn all of you that like Gina, I clicked yes to the German entry connection. Today, a latent virus changed my default home page to the site in question!
    For those of you who are not computer savvy, I will explain a simple way to prevent this. I use Windows 98 using the Explorer 6.0 browser and I am not sure if these instructions will apply to later editions of Windows.

1. double-click the "My Computer" icon on your desktop.

2. double click "control panel"

3. double click "internet options"

4. On the first tab entitled "general" click "clear history" This will erase all of the cookies in your computer. If the default webpage has already changed, type in the url of the homepage you want to open when you start your browser. Clint Kritzer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Brother Robert for the heads up. I happend to remove that link from the BB shortly after Brother Glen (tyndale1946) put it up there, because I ran into the same problem. But I erased all my cookies, temp files, and that took care of the problem. I don't think that it is a wide-spread phenomena because it was nipped in the bud. [​IMG]

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

HOW did you get the exclamation mark upside down???
    da Gina

4. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ¡Hi! Gina. ¿¿¿ [​IMG] If you're using PC you can make Spanish accents and characters with the ALT key without having to change your keyboard. Since I don't use them too much that is what I do. Here is a short list. You can just play - hold down ALT and type in four numbers and see what comes up¡ e.g. - Æ ç æ Þ Oh, I forgot ;) here they are:
    (ALT 0191 ¿) (ALT 0161 ¡) (ALT 0241 ñ) (ALT 0225 á) (ALT 0233 é) (ALT 0237 í) (ALT 0243 ó) (ALT 0250 ú) (ALT 0252 ü) Just hold down the ALT key while you are typing the four numbers! Have fun. :cool:

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

6. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :cool: ¡You did it! [​IMG]

7. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

8. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

It didn't work for me :(

UNP
    Adam

9. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're not on one of them there APPLE thingeys, r u, Adam? Maybe it's a Windows thing. Do you run on Microsoft Windows? MS-DOS? I don't know that much about it really, just thinking out loud.

10. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What problem are you encountering Adam? If you cannot find "control panel", click "start" Go to settings and it will be there.

11. Clint Kritzer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam -

Worse case scenario in Windows - right click "start" and go to "explore". You will be in an open folder on the left tree called "windows". Find "history" and click the folder once. On the right tree you will see 6 or 7 folders. Click any of them once to highlight. Go to "edit" in the upper left corner of your monitor and click "select all". place your cursor on the highlighted items and right click. Go to "delete" and answer yes. Long way around the tree but it works. - Clint

12. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Clint, I'm talking about the upside down letter thingies Gina was trying out [​IMG]

UNP
    Adam

13. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ¿My, my, we've certainly gotten off topic haven't we? :eek: If we had an iron-fisted moderator, he could reach in, grab this thing and shut it down.
    [​IMG]
    ¡Oh, no! The moderator's involved!
    [​IMG]
    Seriously :( (if that's possible) :D are you sure you're holding the ALT key down at the same time you type in the four numbers?

14. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

I'm sure :( I've tried holding both ALT buttons down, I've tried holding ALL the butons down at the same time, and I've tried doing it like you said to do. I've got a mean computer.

UNP
    Adam

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Use the other numbers instead. :D It doesn't work with the numbers on the top, gotta use the side ones on mine. Don't know why.
    G

16. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Gina, I didn't think of that. It will only work with the number pads on the right of the keyboard. At least someone knows what's going on! [​IMG]

17. Clint Kritzer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

¡I love that smilie! It's the best yet! :D
    Hmm. Gonna go check out some smilie sites and practice. I can do!
    Si viene un problema y te quiera asustar, no veas todo aquello, que te hace a ti llorar, y si enfrenta el problema tu sonrisa ayudará.
    ¡Ja-ja-ji-ji-jo-ji-jo! :D :D
    Ha! Thanks for the little list rlvaugh! Having fun.....
    da Gina

19. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No hay de qué, Gina. Para eso estoy aquí. Sonríe [​IMG] Dios te ama.

Here's a suggestion: I typed up the characters and the commands that make them, printed it, laminated it, and taped it to the side of my computer screen. Y cuidado on those smilie sites [​IMG] . I've been looking for that woman you were talking about and just can't find her! :D

20. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Clint Kritzer:
    [​IMG] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Is something really there? I choose reply with quotes and see the words for the image, but I can't see the image on my screen.

:rolleyes: