1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

‘It’s Beginning To Look a Lot Like Russia…”

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Dec 17, 2010.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pity. I knew you not, til now.

Small minds usually draw narrow conclusions.

BTW, JG. I carry a weapon on me everwhere I go. I can do that because the State of Texas has licensed me to do so. I can keep them in my home because the U.S. constitution says I can. If it became necessary to bear arms in the defense of my country, the Constitition also gives me that right and I don't need the permission of the State of Texas.

#61 carpro, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
  2. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

OH, I see where you get your interpretation of the Constitution now.

Some of us haven't bought into that. Hint- that does not make us wrong and you right.

3. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Well Poncho, you have a tendency to play hardball and then become insulted when others respond. If I had said that I hope you are singled out for a cavity search, as you did, then I expect you would blow a gasket. I was actually very restrained in my response. Apology accepted.

#63 NiteShift, Dec 23, 2010
  4. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I agree, and what gets lost is that nobody likes the way things are going re: airport security, no matter where we are along the political spectrum. But there is definately a tendency among some to think they can make up the rules as to what their 'rights' are. That road leads to a billyclub across the noggin and/or some jail time, and as my daddy would have said, "he had it coming".

5. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

No, Amigo, our U.S. Constitution made up the rules about what our rights are. Some of us just allow anyone with a uniform or a job in the Beltway to change them at a whim.

I doubt that you'd understand that, though. Apparently you are conditioned to believe that you are a subject of a King somewhere. That is not how our government is supposed to operate. I'm hoping that someone who does have an understanding of our government gets a chance to correct this new-style tyranny that we find ourselves under.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea....why? Are you a law enforcement officer perhaps

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Actually, I never said I hope you are singled out for a cavity search. I said it would make me feel better, safer if you submitted to one. But that wouldn't keep anyone flying the friendly skies any safer than the current groping and virtual strip searches either would it?

That's just how crazy all this over the top knee jerk reactionary Big Brother stasi style stuff the government keeps coming up with is. As a law abiding citizen I find all that to be quite insulting. The first reaction of the government whenever a situation arises is to oppress law abiding citizens and make us "prove" we are innocent by jumping through more and more hoops.

We are treated as if we are guilty until proven innocent. But then this government seems to be very paranoid and afraid we're all conspiring against it. When it comes to conspiracy theorists we need look no further than those in government itself. Everytime we turn around there is some new report out that claims we the people are conspiring against the government. A few examples, the "patriot" act(s), the Miac report, The Maricopa county Terrorist Task Force pamphlet and various other police training manuals to name just a couple. They all make the claim we citizens are the biggest threat to "national security". But of course they use the threat of Islamic terrorism as an excuse to pass laws and regulations that curtail our liberties and treat us all like common criminals but from reading all these so called reports it becomes clear the government is more intent on keeping us "contained" and submissive than going after real terrorists.

Now . . .

There seems to be a consensus around here that the government is inept. I have a somewhat different opinion about all that but for the sake of argument lets go with that idea for a minute. If it's true and it appears that it is why should anyone trust such an inept government to keep them safe, especially a government that has been caught in as many outright lies as this one has? Seems to me the government has proven several times over that it just can't get anything right.

So why should we trust it with our very lives? This is what I don't understand. Maybe you can explain it to me.

#67 poncho, Dec 23, 2010
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The state of NY says if you get caught with a handgun in your home without a special privilege card (carry permit) you're going to jail. The people of New Orleans thought they had a "right" to keep guns in their homes too. Until Katrina. Then they found out just how fast and easy the government can deny them that right.

Gun rights champion G.W. Bush never said a word at the time about the police confiscating law abiding citizens guns either.

You have no constitutional right to own guns anymore. You are granted the privilege of owning them so long as the government sees fit to let you keep them.

9. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you have to have a license to exercise a constitutional right?

Do you have a license to speak?

Do you have a license to buy a newspaper?

Do you have a license to be a Christian?

Do you have a license to go to church?

You seem to have a very limited understanding of the US Constitution.

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt that you see very much at all.

My interpretation of the 2nd amendment is in line with the only supreme court decision to be issued on the subject.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you say so. Shrug.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope.

I have a license to carry a gun. I don't need one to keep one in my home. The constitution says so.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I do believe our founders knew that no piece of paper could guarantee any right. Only an informed citizenry can do that. Unfortunately for us we no longer have that today. We now have a dumbed down, frightened and submissive citizenry that thinks the government is there and able to protect us from harm and pay our way through life..

#73 poncho, Dec 23, 2010
  14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Which only you and other CTs know and comprehend. :rolleyes:

Reasonable people are just not as frightened of the world as paranoia ridden CTs are.

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Really?

Must be your beloved big intrusive government is made up of unreasonable CTs then Carpro because it's always making the claim we the people are conspiring against it.

I know I know, only I would know this because I have actually read the reports. In your case it's not that you are to lazy to read them. In your case it's your unwavering faith in big intrusive government that prevents you from doing so. :smilewinkgrin:

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. And only you understand it.:rolleyes:

Oh man...the incredible arrogance of CTs never ceases to amaze me.

17. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem confused. "Keep" (own) and "bear" (carry) are both in the 2nd amendment.

And the SCOTUS affirmed that fact in both Heller vs the City of Washington D.C., and McDonald vs the City of Chicago.

It is legal to openly carry a loaded firearm except where the US Constitution allows the right to be restricted or prohibited. So far, the High Court has mentioned only two places outside of the home where the right can be restricted; schools and government buildings.

US Post Office regulations prevent firearms on US Postal Property but that postal regulation is currently under challenge in a Federal Court.

18. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is the reason for the 2nd amendment. It guarantees all the rest!

19. billwald

billwald New Member

Does anyone think the people who control the international corporations care if Americans can own guns or write nasty stuff about the government on BaptistBoard?

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You are wrong in both cases.

Learn to read.