1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

‘The Most Dangerous Place for an African-American is in the Womb!’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I think I was very clear. I believe that far too many white conservative baptists are racist. I believe some are not, but lack enough experience with racism to understand when some things become racially offensive.

I do not believe Curtis is racist. I do not know you and am not familiar enough with you to know. I do know others who definitely are and one that is the only person I have blocked on here...to protect me from reacting to his stupidity.

I prefaced the comment I made...the one you are referring to, with this statement:
    The comment is clearly stated. The topic concerns race, so yes, I am talking about race. Playing a race card means putting racial comment on the table when it is not warranted. My use was warranted. Yours was not. You are using the race card in an attempt to further your argument but since your comment is both unwarranted and false, your argument has become less persuasive.

Feel free to try again. You're a smart cookie but in this particular thread, you're letting emotions get the better of you. I'd enjoy hearing more of your thoughts...minus the negative emotions I inadvertently incited.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the ways to play the race card is to accuse those who would have a frank discussion of race of being racist.

This is to avoid discussing the underlying causes of whatever the problem might be.

This is what is going on here. You and Eric are both guilty of it.

Now, the facts and the statistics are on the table. Instead of trying to explain them away as you have done or shift the blame to another group as Eric does, why not just try to explain why the numbers are what they are?

3. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why don't you turn over the card you have dealt, (face down)? You dealt the card. You started this and other threads, not us. You keep criticizing another entire group of people, by race, not us.

Talk about "everything but actually saying it";
    People have mentioned "spiritual problems", their preachers traded the gospel for social activism; they're so "dysfunctional", they're so immoral [unwed pregnancies and "astronomical" abortions], they're so violent [crime], they're blaming everyone else, they're unlike any other group of people, they were bought out by the Democrats solely for promises of "something for nothing" (i.e. get your money), and they won't "wise up". (And again, the Bell Curve was another one of those "statistical facts" the liberals were scolded for "excusing"/"blaming on someone else).
    What in the world is wrong with these people? Just spell it out already! What "causes them to differ"?
    And what should be done about it?

What "policy", and how does it "counter" these things? All I hear is a lot of [blaming] rhetoric, not any real solution. When people blame minorities on welfare for all their high taxes and other economic problems, lowering the quality of life with all their crimes, etc., that's when the liberals say "blaming the victim".
    What do you really want to do about it?
    The most I have ever done, is to turn the term "prejudice" back on you, because you were spitting that one out at me also, yet you;re the one making broad, sweeping generalizations. That's not a "frank" discussion.
    What I have done is questioned where you're coming from, and you refuse to ever make that fully known.

Again, you always like to play prosecutor talking about "honesty", yet you're the one who appears to be holding back something. So the whole interrogation bit looks like a cheap ploy to keep yourself from ending up on the stand.
    That isn't being "frank" at all. "frank" means "Honest, especially in an manner that seems slightly blunt.". There must be a point to it for it to be honest. You include only the blunt part (as if that alone is what makes it true), but not the rest of it.
    Why don't you, since you're the one who keeps putting the numbers out there, as if to 'show' us all something. Some "inconvenient fact" as you keep calling it. Like perhaps something really bad you want everyone else to be able 'deduce' on their own, so that you don't have to be accused of saying it!

So why don't you "say it" already?

#43 Eric B, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2011
  4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come on, Eric.

Stop tiptoeing around it and get it in the open.

Call me a racist. You've done everything but say the words to avoid discussion of the reasons behind the numbers.

#44 carpro, Mar 5, 2011
  5. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

You're trying to goad me with those quotes, but I don't even particularly disagree with them. that's not even the stuff I have been arguing about. I do not care for Jackson and Sharpton, or much of what they and their followers say about people who don't get with their agenda. (I'd rather see them go after people who blame blacks for everything they don't like about society, which they seem to ignore, in favor of, again, the agenda).

So, again, this is about you getting out in the open what your true beliefs or sentiments are. That's what the issue is, and it's something only you can do, not me.

If the shoe fits, then YOU have to "be honest" and wear it already; not grill anyone else on it! ]
    If your beliefs are "the truth", then they're "the truth". Why get hung up over some label, and one made up by those evil liberals at that?

There's only two possible answers.
    Either your beliefs on what the ROOT of these problems you keep trumping really are, are true, but you're too cowardly to openly proclaim them, and face whatever consequences for them (labelling, etc).
    But that's stupid, because anyone who attacks you for the truth is a "mentally diseased" lying liberal anyway, and the Bible says to take heart, because it all the more proves you're on God's side.

OR, it's NOT true, so you don't have the conviction to suffer for the beliefs, but you still want to hold onto them anyway.
    Even without a label, it is a lot of generalization that is not supported by just those numbers.

That decision's yours, not mine.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither have you.

You've spent every post trying to say no one of another race has the right to discuss it.

The facts are on the table. The source is a black woman. Tell us why she doesn't have a right to talk about it. Then tell us why no one but another black person can discuss it.

Then explain the numbers.

We all agree the problem is sin. That goes without saying. So, tell us why one group is far more guilty of killing their babies in the womb than any other group.

Stop hiding from the facts behind meaningless rhetoric and veiled accusations of racism.

7. mandym

mandym New Member

You seem to wan to intentionally ignore the fact that many black people agree with the op. Your argument is moot.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More than that. He's laughably trying to change the focus of the argument to me, without even once dealing with the facts posted in the OP.

9. mandym

mandym New Member

When one works to derail a thread they can just be ignored.

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Are you forgetting that I'm the one who put the statistics on the table by posting a link to the official stats?
    Has it occurred to you that race goes by the mother? If a black woman is pregnant by a white person or a child by any other race, the child is counted as the mother's race. That alone can skew your statistics.
    Are you also aware that the median income for whites is higher than blacks? http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2011/tables/11s0696.pdfHave you considered that people consider caring for a child tougher when they have less money? Will you now use these "statistics" to prove one race cares more about their ability to raise children than other races? I hope not.

Do you realize that white conservatives make up a good majority of republicans and many other races, including blacks, make up a higher percentage of democrats than whites, and that democrats are more likely to believe in abortion rights?

Your implications have been that whites want blacks to have abortions to lessen the black population. Has it occurred to you that perhaps personal political, social, and religious beliefs play a part in the decisions being made rather than some secret, underground agenda to exterminate black people?

See, what's happening with your argument is that it snowballs into utter and complete ridiculousness.

And btw, if it's the aborted babies themselves that bother you, try to stop abortion. This can be done by changing hearts. Teach people to respect life. All people. All life.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There were statistics put forth in the OP, but I'll grant you that you were the first to try to put a ridiculous spin on the numbers.

In this case, it doesn't matter at all. all the statistics are based on the number of black women who get an abortion. The race of the child or the father doesn't matter at all.

In this case, it doesn't matter at all and it doesn't make any sense that you think it does. Do only poor people get pregnant and have an abortion?

Untrue. What is true is that liberals have insisted on making it easy for blacks to have abortions and cater to that market, placing most abortion clinics in black neighborhoods. And that's not an implication. It's a fact.

#51 carpro, Mar 5, 2011
  12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Brad Lena? Really? I'm sorry. I love a good conspiracy theory now and again, but please use caution when becoming a follower of radical conspiracy theorists. You posted that he claims most abortion clinics are in black neighborhoods. Here is a source that shows that to be a false claim: http://www.guttmacher.org/media/evidencecheck/2011/01/19/Guttmacher-Advisory.pdf

The point in saying that race depends on the mother is to point out that even with professional records, numbers may be inadvertantly false. Do you truly believe a child with a black father and white mother or with a black mother and white father should be categorized separately? Isn't that silly? Why is one black and one white? My children have more Asian in them than anything. I consider them of Asian heritage. I have NO Asian in me. It would be ridiculous for me, being mixed, to pick a race of mine and label them with it. Don't you agree?

I have not researched this, but did come across an article that claimed this particular sign was put in a neighborhood with a higher number of whites than blacks. Is that true? Why would that be? How odd!

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

Look, this was an ad targeting the black community. I would hope that ads that are anti-abortion that target a white audience would reflect their "target group."

But, of course, Eric thinks it's wrong for anyone to ever offer criticism of a group of people...unless you're a member of that group.

Guess none of us can voice any disgust at the events of 9/11 until we become Muslim, emigrate to Saudi Arabia, and take up jihad as a hobby.

It's among the most ridiculous, vacuous reasoning I've seen on the BB.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently the statistics for the locations of abortion clinics are from a time when there were over 2000 such clinics in the U.S. Now there are just over 700., so the statistics have changed.

Planned parenthood, caught with their racist hands in the cookie jar, had to make a lot of changes.

Your own source, the Guttmacher Institute, confirms the truth of the disparity of abortion rates among hispanic , whites, and blacks. The facts of the OP stand unrefuted.

Gina, you have done everything you can to alter those facts and explain them away, yet they are stiil there and you have made no attempt to explain why they are what they are..

So why are the abortion rates for black women so outrageously high?

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I answered that question just a little while ago and you responded to it, so you must have read it but I'm more than happy to repost it. Here you go:

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I asked for an explanation for the disparity , not excuses to explain away the numbers.

It was a non answer. Still is.

You can't explain it away. The facts are indisputable and won't go away or change, no matter what cockammie excuses you put out..

Can you explain them? If you can't, just say so.

17. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Have you ever worn a tutu in the cold? JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION!

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Nor any other time.

It would be good if you were as straightforward with your answers.

The truth is you can't explain it. It defies explanation because to do so would get you hit with the racist tag.

Try this one...

Is it a racial problem or a cultural problem? Pick one. It's not that hard.

19. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's not what I said. The vacuous reasoning is what you subtly rephrase things to say.
    I said it was BETTER to criticize one's group. Because it's too easy to talk about someone else, and then put them down, and raise yourself up, making yourself the standard. Look at Phil.2:3; Rom.3:9.

The same with the Arabs. A group of Arabs came and attacked us. When you turn this into a judgment on the whole ethnic group, and start talking about "they're still in the stone age; they used to do stuff like invent the zero, but now their civilization deteriorated while ours became superior" as I used to hear back then; that's MORE than simply "voicing disgust". You have judged every single individual in the group, including those who have come to Christ.
    So you can bash the actual attackers all you want, and no one will criticize you. But people always go beyond that, into comparing them to "us".

You two are unbelievable. Nobody derailed your thread but you. [one of] you just spent several posts trying to goad me into calling you a racist. So I'm trying to make it about you?

And nobody even argues about how many black people agree with the argument, and what is that even supposed to prove? Just something you can throw filler comments about us "ignoring facts" with. But I don't even see any figure saying "many" agreed with it.

The spotlight seems to come back to you, because you're the ones starting these threads. You put these "facts" out there, and then DEMAND for US to come to some sort of conclusion from them. We respond, but you don't accept anything we say. You call it all "excuses".
    So then, there must be only one "right answer" you will accept, but we're not getting it. So then why don't you spit it out then?
    You even say it's not "sin" (the Biblical answer), so it must be something else.
    What else do you want US to say? Why are you beating around the bush?

I see now you give us a "veiled" clue with this "racial or cultural problem". But that does not help you. A "cultural" problem points back to sin; but you already told us that was not it. (Of course not, because that will always eventually implicate ALL of man, in one way or another, and you want it to be only one group's exclusive problem).

So all are sinners, yet we compare which groups (not even individuals) are "more guilty" (flies against everything the New Testament teaches us, from the Sermon on the Mount to Paul's teachings; like God grades on a curve or something!)

So you stop being so "veiled" and come out and tell us what this "explanation that will get you tagged as racist" really is, then.

20. mandym

mandym New Member

God Bless

It's not my thread.

Then you should clarify your point if he has it wrong.

It proves that it is not just "white" people who have that view. It is coming from within their own community.

Now you are just being nasty.

I haven't started this thread and I have only seen one.

It appears you have let your emotions run over you. Maybe you should do something else and catch your breath.

In case you haven't noticed this is a debate forum. And it is not likely everyone will agree with you. If that is to much for you to handle then you might need to be doing other things.

Yea its called an opinion and it is exactly the same thing you are doing. Holding on to it. Apparently you will only accept one answer. Right?

Who is we?

I have no idea what the rest of this means really. Other than no one and again I say no one said or thinks it is one groups exclusive problem. You seem to over exaggerate many of your points. And what you are missing and have veered away from is the abortion industry's preying on the minority communities. Your insistence just takes things in an off topic direction.

#60 mandym, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.