1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“Thank God for sparing us in 2011 storm”

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by 4ever4Jesus, Feb 2, 2011.

1. 4ever4Jesus

4ever4Jesus New Member

As many might be aware a good portion of the middle and east of the United States got hit with the biggest storm in decades. They had been talking about this on the news even before it showed up. I’m originally from California. I never worried about snow. This time there’s close to 2 feet outside.

I’m giving praise to God because we could have lost our electric like others have in certain areas of the United States. I’m not saying that I don’t care about the other people who suffered through this storm.

Last night we were talking about getting a generator. But she said I’ve been through this before. There was some thunder and lightning in this snowstorm. It ceased but the wind speed was up.

I thank GOD we were inside the house and being able to keep our power. I tell you that it would be really freezing if the power had went out. Whether God directed the storm one way or another, or did not direct it any way at all I’m still thankful we made it. More snow is expected. But I don’t think as severe as last night.

:godisgood::thumbs:

2. RevGKG

RevGKG Member

Praise the Lord for watching over us as well.

Our church was on standby in the event we lost power. The city had a generator that would be connected to our building to provide shelter for those diplaced. Thank the Lord we did not have to open as a shelter :godisgood:

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

PTL!:praying::1_grouphug: