1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1 Tim. 1:4, another original KJV imperfection?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Bluefalcon, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

THE FIRST EPISTLE of Paul the Apoftle to Timothie

1 Tim. 1:4 (KJV 1611): "Neither give heed to fables, and endleffe genealogies, which minifter queftions, rather then edifying which is in faith: fo doe."

1 Tim. 1:4 (KJV present day): "Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

In case you didn't notice, "godly" is missing in the KJV 1611.

I think the AV 1611 has many errors of this kind. C4K has already mentioned another one. And his question to KJVOs is a good one: Is the KJV 1611 perfect or is the present day KJV perfect? Both cannot be "perfect" since there are not a few omissions, alterations, transpositions between the two.

Yours,

Bluefalcon

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We've been asking that question for years here.

There are many revisions of the AV1611 plus, of course, the original editions. Each one is unique and differ (some like the example you've given here where it attacks the nature of God).

Which is correct? Which is perfect?

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

These are going to be more common as the KJV1611 is now available for e-sword.

As Bereans it is our job to carefully examine anything that calls itself scripture.

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blue Falcon, it's great to have you, and a few others here who can actually read the Greek, and who have access to some of the manuscripts or copies of them. The mss issue is just about the last bastion of those who advocate the KJVO myth, and now it's becoming more under scrutiny since the Net makes it easier both for people to study Greek and to have at least some access to viewing some of the mss.

The KJVOs simply refuse to admit there are differences between the various KJVO editions, and between the source mss themselves for the Textus Receptus, as well as between the TR, any edition of the KJV, and the sourse manuscripts. It's part of the great KJVO double standard to ignore those differences while prattling about the differences between the KJV and newer versions. I'm glad to see people here who can actually point out those differences with knowledge.

5. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

The KJV-onlyists amaze me.

They can determine in the wink of an eye that if someone spells a certain title for Jesus S-A-V-I-O-R, it's the Antichrist, as everyone knows the proper spelling is S-A-V-I-O-U-R.

But I just read through that thread on 2 Thess 2:14. 6 pages and they couldn't figure out whether one of two words was the right one!

Do we expect any better here? I'm not holding my breath.