1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2008: God's Final Witness

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by queenbee, Jul 5, 2008.

1. queenbee

queenbee Member

Curious - anyone seen or read this link (ad) here on BB Home Page? What sayest thou?

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Can you give us the link?

3. queenbee

queenbee Member

#3 queenbee, Jul 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2008
  4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Looks like a kook to me or a date nut. Date nuts think they can predict the Lord's return.

5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

ok. Read through some of his book online. p.16 "It is now with boldness, confidence, and great clarity that I give to you what God has given me. I am to announce, through God's direct revelation, that I am one of those two witnesses."

He goes on to teach that the other witness will be revealed, that they will be killed in Jerusalem, and raised 3.5 days later. We will all see it on TV.

From pages 41 and onward he begins his onslaught againt the whole of Christendom. On page 47 he announces that the Trinity is a teaching from the Roman Catholic church and calls Jehovah's Witnesses "traditional Christianity."

On page 51, after going through all the various differences between the denominations, he asks, "So what is the truth? This book is the truth! (yes, the one he is writing) It is one of the primary things I do appreciate about the job God has given me. I am simply to state the truth as it is."

On p.69 he attacks the Communion of the Lord.

On p.158 He teaches something I would liken to Mormonism. He teaches that Jesus became a God being, that Jesus became a part of what he calls the God Family. He goes on to teach that the purpose of mankind is that we all become part of the God Family and become God beings.

On p.165 the immortaility of the soul is denied.

On p.167 he talks of a time where everyone is offered eternal life. p.169 he speaks of a time when all will be ressurected and given 100 years to learn God's ways.

On p.170 he denies that now is the time of salvation. He teaches that only 144,000 were intended to be saved now, but that eternal life for the rest of us is offered after the ressurection of all mankind. This smacks of JWs a bit to me.

On page 177 he declares that all of Christianity is in error. He says none of know the God of Abraham.

On page 187 he condemns all denominations as offshoots of the Roman Catholic church whose found, he says, was Simon Magus. He also claims seventh-day observance like the 7th day adventists, as the mark of the only true church.

On page 195. he dimishes the Scripture for direct revelation.

On p.203 and 204 the Trinity is denied again, and Herbert Armstrong is lauded as God's end-time prophet and as Elijah. He also on this page denies the eternal existance of Jesus.

On page 210 this blasphemy is clearly stated, "The Bible is quite clear about that fact that the ETERNAL [Yaweh] God [Elohim] is the Father of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was begotten directly of the Father, and He (Jesus) had no life until His beginning when He was born of His mother Mary."

In closing he said he has done his job as one of the end-time prophets to present this book to the reader. What we do with it is up to us. Well, here is my stand:

Thou art a heretic, and a very bad one at that. Your warnings and threatenings are meaningless because your self-claimed prophethood is false.

Hopefully my brethren, you too will easily see through this garbage.

-RB

6. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My opinion about this guy's predictions and everyone else who predicts the Second Coming or is obsessed with how the Revelation of John relates to the fall of the US is "Who cares?" I can do nothing to bring about or stop or alter what God plans to do about this or when God plans to do it. My business is to live my life in this world as a child of God in order to further the Kingdom of God. God will take care of the rest.

Tim Reynolds

7. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's from what used to be the Worldwide Church of God (Herbert Armstrong's group.) Lots of unorthodox beliefs.

8. JDale

JDale Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two Words:

FALSE PROPHET.

JDale

9. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hi ReformedBaptist

I appreciate the detailed warning, about this guy.

But it grieves me, that you had to read through this garbage.

For me, after seeing the error, in the first paragraph, I would have tossed it in the trash.
    --------------------------------------------------

I hope and pray, that taking all of this into your mind, doesn’t hurt you.

10. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I was glad to endure it for others. My advice is that no one read it. I felt scummy after reading it. And needed to wash my mind afterwards in the Word.

11. queenbee

queenbee Member

I hadn't read far enough to know what to make of all of this, but seeing as there is a correlation to Herbert Armstrong and WCG am beginning to understand this is way off the bible map in the twilite zone :eek: Must admit I felt pretty weirded out just reading/listening to the bits and pieces. Thx RB for your 'detective' work.

12. Cherry5

Cherry5 New Member

I believe the reason we care about this kind of thing is because of the young and new Christians who don't understand many things yet about the Bible and what is right and wrong in the world in which they live.
    I certainly would not want my children, for instance, to read this stuff and think it makes enough sense to follow it. Though we have tried to raise our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, we have one who is not living for Him and could easily be swayed by the "garbage" we find spewed all around us. If he reads such a book and comes to us and asks about the statements this guy makes, we want to be able to answer him intelligently and biblically. These are the kinds of things we can pray about on his behalf -- that he would remain untainted by it and that he would have a desire to return to the Lord.
    Yes, we do need to care, if not for ourselves, then for our fellow-believers who don't yet have the ability to discern and for our "fallen" loved ones.