1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

23 minutes in Hell

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Aug 12, 2010.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Isn't there an old song where part of the lyrics are, "I dreamed I was a floatin'?" What kid doesn't have dreams of floating and flying through the air and then waking up from a dream and realizing that he was dreaming? I can remember the days when I liked dreaming that and loved the feeling it gave me.

2. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Paul wasn't dreaming.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Paul was not dreaming but the man trying to make money in the OP was.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I don't see where it detracts from the message of Christ in itself. My only concern is if he is using this to make financial gain. If so then I would run from him.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So how much would be too much?
    Not just for Bill, but for any evangelist.

It would be interesing to see how his lifestyle has changed since this "activity".

Can any one do a search?

Salty

6. Darrenss1

Darrenss1 New Member

Salty, that would be a hard to find piece of trivia. Unless you happen to know someone that can eye witness their lifestyle personally. There are megachurches in Sydney that pay a handsome reward to buy the best preachers in the world for their conferences. And do they get their money's worth for a "great sermon"?? No comment. :tongue3:

Let me add this though, I happen to think its strange how someone like a Calvery Chapel Pastor can end up in the most charismatic of charismatic churches preaching this stuff, it gives an indication of whom his captive audience is. I guess inter-denominationism is getting more and more popular. I guess with these famous churches they'll pay even a heretic to come and preach if the heretic has one good sermon or testimony.

Darren

#26 Darrenss1, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
  7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

My opinion is anything is too much. He can get his income from offerings but not from the sale of his claimed revelation.

8. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Total fiction!
    First of all God would never send a Christian to hell and a Christian cannot forget the grace that saved him as this guy did in his book. He did mention that while there he didn't remember anything about Christ. That's strange since the rich man who could see Lazrus in Abrahams bossom was in Hell when he saw him there. All the man had was a dream or should I say nightmare. I also read of a man who went to the gates of hell and He describe the heat he felt coming from the gate. His dream turned him into a believer. There is a problem with this sort of thing. It creates feelings of doubt. Doubt that God has really saved you, or has turned His back on you for some sin you didn't confess. When we were all saved while still in our sins.
    MB