1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd John Verses 7-1 What Rewards can we loose???????????

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, May 29, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

2nd John verses 7-11 Please Read:

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we[c] may receive a full reward.
    9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

What rewards is it talking about us loosing? We are unable to loose something we dont have, so its something we have that we can loose? What is it?

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

We can win five different kinds of crowns that we will throw at Jesus feet when we get to Heaven (rewards). I suppose we could lose them (or not receive them).

It would be kind of like going to a birthday party and being the only person not bringing a gift...