1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3,000 Club

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    While some have "raced" with each other to hit 500 or 1000 posts, I just noticed that today I cross 3,000. Guess I talk too much!

But here is a meanful verse that I try to reflect upon often when posting - because I don't want my answers to be "in a race" or hundreds of little "amen" type of posts. I want them to glorify Jesus! <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>For Christ sent me . . to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Like everyone here I pray with the Psalmist: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2. Danette

Danette New Member

Amen to that! (Oops -- little amen post! But it REALLY deserved it!) That passage from I Cor. is exactly what I try to keep in mind. Which is also why the arguments don't bother me. If I am speaking (writing) in agreement with the Holy Spirit based on the Word (I Cor. 2:4-5, 10-16) then other people's opinions and angry words are irrelevant. And I don't need to argue or defend myself.

Congrats on 3000!

-- Danette

3. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great going Dr. Bob! [And it's not an Amen post either ;)] Congratulations for reaching 3,000. I am behind you - way behind you [by about 248 posts, so don't sit down because I might catch up]. God bless! [​IMG]

4. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Congrats Dr. Bob! At least a half a dozen of those contained words of wisdom! :eek:

Just kidding! Seriously, you bless me frequently. You are the E.F. Hutton around here as far as I'm concerned.

Barnabas, looks more like 1248 according to my Hebrew math! :eek:

5. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

WAY TO GO! Your posts are always so edifying. Great to have you as part of the board. I'm only 2,000 behind. LoL

UNP, Adam

6. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

btw- aren't you kindof lonely in the 3,000 club? your the only one!

So doesn't that make you president, VP, secretary, and so forth?!

:D

UNP, Adam

7. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Wells: Barnabas, looks more like 1248 according to my Hebrew math! :eek:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite Bro. John! My calculation is based on A.D. & B.C. ;) You see, shortly after the time of Noah I was know in BB circles as bjh. I reached 1,000 posts and changed my name to B.J. Halo. When I reached 2,000 I changed my name again to Barnabas, but I was wiser & older, and did not change my whole profile this time. Thus the count you see is right, except you have to add 1,000 posts to it. [​IMG]

8. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

Congratulations!

9. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that I've gotten that extra "Amen" post out of the way, congratulations on joining (founding? owning?) the 3000 Club. It's gotta be better than the 700 Club! [now be honest, Dr. Bob, I think I've seen you fluff a post or two [​IMG] ]

Of course, some of us would have a few more in our total if we hadn't been mysteriously zapped out of existence on the old board (picture of a graemlin whining & crying). May I have a little cheese with that whine? Nevertheless, we crown thee KING LOQUACIOUS. ALL HAIL! [​IMG]

Isn't it kinda lonely sitting there alone all by yourself?

11. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Barnabas: Not quite Bro. John! My calculation is based on A.D. & B.C. (snip)

After being in the Creation vs. Evolution forum most of the day, let me say, "I don't believe you. Where is the evidence? Prove it!

Way to go! [​IMG]

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    THANK YOU all for your "kind of" words about reaching this trivial milestone. I had great experience being alone, simply because of lack of friends as a child, awkward teen years at 6'6" and 145 #, and then after all the loneliness, becoming a fundamental baptist.

You all know from reading our posts how many friends ifb'ers have.

I figure that if you can't post 2 paragraphs then you should keep your comments to yourself! I'm finding that many of my [former] friends think I can limit my posts to 1 paragraph, 1 sentence or even 1 word and we would all be better off.

Of course, my next goal will be 4,000. But I am old and my brain is atophying at warp speed. So who knows about tomorrow? I don't even buy green bananas - they seem a risky investment . . .

13. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You go, Dr. Bob.

I hope to be close behind you some day.

14. Rockfort

"3,000 Club?"

On first glance I thought that must be the original 3,000 believers immediately following the Pentecost experience (Acts 2:41).

15. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

ROFLOL. Maybe Dr. Bob is the next Billy Graham. :eek:

16. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Wells: After being in the Creation vs. Evolution forum most of the day, let me say, "I don't believe you. Where is the evidence? Prove it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My, my, Bro. John. The word of a gentleman is not good enough anymore, huh? ;)

Well, just to be fair and square, kindly click on the following link my good man and look up my profile (I believe it still contains my picture and all the other pertinent info):

http://www.baptistboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000048

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just consider the real MOVERS and SHAKERS of this world, and their initials . . B-G

Greatest Evangelist of the past 50 years would have to go to? BILLY GRAHAM

Greatest contemporary Christian Composer, musician would be? BILL GAITHER

Greatest Christian Counselor and Family Seminar Speaker today? BILL GOTHARD

Greatest Entrepeneur and Visionary in Capitalism would be? BILL GATES

Largest Hyles Sycophant and psycho-ifb pastor in Texas is? BOB GRAY (the lesser)

Are we noting a trend?

Great new Quarterback for the Greatest NFL franchise, the Denver Broncos? BRIAN GRIESE
    And his Dad? BOB GRIESE

Great pastor in Florida and now a missionary in Germany? BOB GRAY

And then . . .

Great POSTER BOY on the Baptist Board, with 3000 posts, 2 or 3 of which are actually worth reading? BOB GRIFFIN

BG BG BG BG BG BG BG BG BG BG BG BG BG BG BG BG BG

:rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes:

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]

18. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would be hesitant to believe him, John. Even thought the evidence seem irrefutable, there is just something odd about a person who would keep changing his name . . . claim to be someone else . . . want to take credit for posts from the bjh fellow whose name just "happened" to be Barney, too.

Hmmm. This is a poser. Will have to find some BLUE CLUES to help us unravel the mystery!!

Don't tell anyone, but I believe that the so-called "halo" man may be in the witness protection program. I think I've seen his picture on the wall at Krispy Kreme!

20. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Barnabas,

Not good enough. It has to adhere to the scientific method, be published in a reputable scientific journal, and blessed by Carl Sagen (Their pope)! :eek:

Boy it's good to be posting back in the land of the saved. Pray for, lay hands on the C v. E forum folks!