500,000 posts

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by bb_baptist, Nov 27, 2004.

  1. bb_baptist

    bb_baptist
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2000
    Messages:
    7,227
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm pleased to announce that the site reached another milestone - 500,000 posts. Despite the tens of thousands of deleted posts, there are half a million posts on this site for your reading pleasure.

    The half a million post mark is a major milestone for any forum.

    Thanks to all of you who contributed to this site and who brought and continue to bring a real sense of community to BaptistBoard.com!
     
  2. bb_baptist

    bb_baptist
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2000
    Messages:
    7,227
    Likes Received:
    0
    Another interesting stat: to date, 23,687 PMs (private messages) have been sent.
     
  3. Gina B

    Gina B
    Expand Collapse
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2000
    Messages:
    16,944
    Likes Received:
    1
    Yeah, thanks Dr. Bob and Diane! ;) :D
    Gina
     
  4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

    NaasPreacher (C4K)
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2003
    Messages:
    26,806
    Likes Received:
    78
    I think the two of them of 10% of the total posts [​IMG]
     
  5. Plain Old Bill

    Plain Old Bill
    Expand Collapse
    New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2003
    Messages:
    3,657
    Likes Received:
    0
    So the number is probaly even higher.Right.
     
  6. SaggyWoman

    SaggyWoman
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2000
    Messages:
    17,933
    Likes Received:
    8
    hehehe. LOL! Put a gag order on them two, and we would cut our band width in half.
     
  7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

    NaasPreacher (C4K)
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2003
    Messages:
    26,806
    Likes Received:
    78
    The top ten posters have 148,943 posts which is roughly 30% of the total posts. Does that mean the other 10,000+ members share only 70% of the posts?

    Based on that the top 10 average 14,894 posts each while the rest average 35 posts each.

    I love numbers ;) .
     
  8. bb_baptist

    bb_baptist
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2000
    Messages:
    7,227
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can you estimate how many hours would it take for someone to read all posts?
     
  9. donnA

    donnA
    Expand Collapse
    New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2000
    Messages:
    23,354
    Likes Received:
    0
    Webmaster, did you even think it would get this big when you started the BB?
     
  10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

    NaasPreacher (C4K)
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2003
    Messages:
    26,806
    Likes Received:
    78
    At one minute per post average it would take 8,333 hours - 347 days!
     
  11. SaggyWoman

    SaggyWoman
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2000
    Messages:
    17,933
    Likes Received:
    8
    The wild thing is, though many of us couldn't care less, God cares about each of us in spite of the numbers!
     

Share This Page

Loading...