1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

90 Minutes in Heaven

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TCGreek, Sep 21, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

The real question is: Can a person go to heaven without see the Lord?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm "with you" right now on the Baptist Board. Am I physically in your presence?

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't think this can be answered unless we know for certain what Heaven entails.

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Now that's a research project!

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You first :laugh:

6. standingfirminChrist

It is funny. Some believe that we can go boldly before the throne of grace in prayer, yet will not see Jesus immediately after death?

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Like I said to TC...anybody know what Heaven all entails? If not, we cannot pinpoint where the "throne of grace" is located in Heaven, nor what one experiences immediately upon death. Being "present with the Lord" can mean any number of things.

8. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Until I do my research, :laugh: , Webdog, I can't argue with you on that.

9. standingfirminChrist

When the prodigal returned to his Father's house, it was not the servants, nor his brother who went out to greet him, it was the Father Himself.

Jesus will be the first one to greet us and welcome us home when we die, not family members or friends.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Comparing a parable to reality can lead to some problems.

How do you know who will welcome us when we die?

11. standingfirminChrist

The story of the prodigal may be a parable, but it has real truths in it. Remember, parables were not just 'stories' to the Disciples. It was given to them to know the parables.

12. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

But here's the problem with trying to pick apart every parable, Where do you begin and where do you end?

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The prodigal sone was spiritually dead, not physically.

14. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Standing Firm...

The judgement for believers is the "Bhema" seat of judgment. It has to do with either the loss or gain of rewards. It takes place in the future, after all of the end time events take place...including the Great White Throne Judgment for the lost.

But, assuming this testimony is true, he was with the Lord. He was in HEAVEN. So, he is with the Lord. He had not gone through the gates into the inner area yet, but he was still in heaven. With the Lord.

God bless,

Mike

15. standingfirminChrist

NO, he was not with the Lord. He was supposedly with family and friends. He never saw the Lord so he was never with Him.

16. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Standing Firm,

I said...

And you said...

Yes, he was.

Where do you think he would have been, with the devil in hell?

And they were all in Gods Heaven, where Jesus Christ is.

You and I have never physically seen Jesus Christ with our eyes but we have both been with Him since the moment we were born again. He lives in us, we are "in Him" and He blesses us and ministers to us.

The testimony of this brother is that he was in the outer courts (or something like that) of Heaven with his saved relatives and loved ones. They had not yet passed through the gate in the inner area where Christ would be. But he was in heaven, with God and Jesus Christ.

When I was a kid growing up I wasnt always in the same living room with my Mom and Dad, like when we were watching a ball game or something. But even when I was in my bedroom doing homework, and I couldnt see them downstairs in the living room, I was still "with" them in our house.

God bless,

Mike

17. standingfirminChrist

If he had been with the Lord, He would have seen the Lord. I find it hard to believe that a person can be dead for 90 minutes and see family and friends during that time, but not the Lord.

I don't believe he was dead at all. I believe he was in a comatose state dreaming of family and friends. Nothing more. He accented on it by writing a book claiming to have died and gone to heaven and people are gullible enough to fall for it hook, line and sinker.

18. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm joining the discussion late --- but here goes

Clinically dead for 90 minutes??

Dead as a Hammer for 90 minutes???

OK --- we'll give that to his testamony

Then --- after 90 minutes --- comes back to life

So

His brain has been without oxygen for how long??

Brain damage?? Any sign of brain damage?? Slurred speech?? All "Motor skills" functioning as normal??

Brain damage would probably be irreversable after about a minute and a half of being clinically dead --- not to mention what it would be after a hour and a half

Not to take away from his experience --- but I'd like to take a look at any hospital CAT scans and perhaps an MRI if I could

I'm going along with SFIC --- the dude probably wasn't dead but in a comotose state --- pulse and heart beat too shallow for the EMT's to pick up --- but thats just me --- and I don't have an experience like that nor do I have any plans for a book sale

#58 blackbird, Sep 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2007
  19. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Standing Firm,

He was on His way in through the gates when he said he went back into his body. But during that time, he would have been in heaven, so he would have been "with" the Lord.

If thats what Gods will is...for us to be welcomed by them...then thats fine with me. I'm not going to complain about how God does things.

I'm not sure wether he was or wasnt either. But any time I read things like this...written by a born again person...I am always going to lean towards the "believing" side, rather han the disbelieving side. Unless of course there is something clearly wrong about it. But in this case there is absoltutly no "red flags" as far as I'm concerned. So...I am going to lean towards believing it.

You could be correct.

Its not being gullible, its being open to the possibility, and willing to believe 1st, rather than disbelieve 1st...since there are no red flags.

If this were a new ager or something...red flag. If he said he saw a bunch of Muslims and Hare Krishna types worshipping their gods...red flag. If he said everyone who kept the ten commandments were the only ones there...red flag.

etc etc etc. But there was none of that.

No problem as far as I'm concerned.

Mike

20. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but an EMT is not allowed to pronounce anyone officially dead, no matter how obvious it may seem to them. I think there are three different doctors who can do this; the trauma center MD, the Coroner, and the autopsy MD.

love,

Sopranette