1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Case for the Post-Tribulation Rapture

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by RLBosley, Mar 11, 2013.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Either way they were spared. Unfortunately the post trib must include the 7 seals, 7 trumpets and 7 plagues that affect everyone during this period. This contradicts the safety afforded the righteous in Jesus' examples of the righteous escaping judgement during the times of both Noah and Lot.

2. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Yes!!!!

Amen Bro.Webdog...That was an excellent and articulate post and I could NOT agree with you more!:thumbs:

Bro.Greg:saint:

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you can answer how angles got to be saints. You see that is Bosley's position and claim so he can avoid the fact scripture says very plainly that Christ will return with all His saints he will not answer because he knows he is w r o n g . How about you do you know How christ can return with all His saints when a lot of His saints are still here on Earth according to this false doctrine of post tribulation rapture.
    MB

4. Gregory Perry Sr.

Amen!

YES, YES, YES....EXACTLY!!!! Well Said Brother!!:thumbsup: I for one am glad that I will be with Him on that glorious day. However, from this side of that event I would say that as blessed as that day will be it is also true that out of holy and purified eyes in our glorified bodies we will be witness to a day of CARNAGE unlike any we had ever witnessd before when our Lord Jesus Christ lays waste to the armies of the world at Armageddon in the valley of Megiddo at His second coming. It will be an unspeakably violent day to behold after going through the somewhat fearful Judgement Seat of Christ and then the beautiful Marriage Supper of the Lamb. The wonderful peace of the Millenial Reign of our Lord will be indescribably blessed.
    Even so,come Lord Jesus!!!

Bro.Greg:saint:

5. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One could say that of course but the post trib arguement would have a bit more punch if Moses and family were in the water getting wet during the flood instead of in the comfort of the Ark. My observation doesn't prove beyond any doubt a pre-mil rapture. Still, I do believe that my illustration is a good one and if Jesus wanted to teach us that believers would be right there in the world during the tribulation, he would have mentioned the passover scenerio because the Olivet discourse was given right before passover.

Many people think that the pre-mil rapture teaching is wildly fantastic and the sign of a simple mind but how does teaching that God will protect believers on earth while mass judgement takes, how does this explanation avoid this problem?

#25 thomas15, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
  6. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quite right Bro. Greg but there are some even regualr posters on this board who think that our Lord has already returned. They are not even looking for the blessed hope. They do not think that today might be the day.

7. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets assume the great tribulation has just passed and being; Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality. 1 Cor. 15:50-53

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 1 Thes. 4:13

As to how Larry, Curly and Mo who have died are going to be in the kingdom of God? How are they going to be in the kingdom when Jesus comes to sit on the throne of his glory in the kingdom of God with us? Man they are dead.

1 Thes 4:14-17 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so (by resurrection from the dead) them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. (into the kingdom of God) For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede (into the kingdom of God) those who are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (In the kingdom of God)

That is how all the saints will come with him into the kingdom of God.

8. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not what the verse says at all;
    1Th 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
    it says when Christ returns he will bring all His saints with Him. There is no kingdom mentioned.
    MB

9. Gregory Perry Sr.

It's a progression....

All of the events described in 1 Thes. 4:13-18 and referred to in 1 Thes.3:13 are events that happen PRIOR to the beginning of the Millenial reign of Christ on the earth WITH HIS SAINTS (that's us...AMEN!)if taken with consideration to the testimony of the rest of the scriptures that deal with these matters.

Bro.Greg:saint::godisgood:

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I charge [thee] therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Tim 4:1

The dead in Christ shall rise first then those who remain and are alive in Christ will rise with the dead in Christ to meet the Lord coming into the above kingdom and together they will inherit the kingdom of God.

11. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I do think you need to put that scripture under the microscope again and observe it.The ones that were took away were the ones took away in the flood and destroyed,the ones left was the 8 on the ark-- the 2 taken away in each description are them that were taken away in the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple in ad 70.the ones left were the righteous--the wrath was NOT for the Righteous,but for the ungodly and unbelievers in both cases. taken away(in destruction--killed) left(remained alive):jesus::jesus:

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

also Math 24 has been fulfilled like our Lord said it would be in that Generation he spoke it unto.:jesus::jesus::jesus:

13. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe so. It will not be His kingdom until it is won and it will take His presence to win it. Men are not able to conquer the beast. It is Christ who destroys the beast. This is when His kingdom will begin.
    MB

14. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I see this has continued in my absence. Good to see the discussion. I don't have time to respond to anything at the moment but just want to let you all know I haven't dropped out of the conversation. Just had a busy week with a birthday and 13 hour ER visit... Anyway. I'll probably reply tomorrow.

Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen. ~ Romans 15:33

15. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

OK. So I had some spare time this afternoon and I'm caught up.. here we go.

I’m assuming no such thing. I said “reread that passage” that assumes you’ve already read it before. Don’t be so defensive. And yes I’m focused on the word ‘tribulation” because most people mistakenly believe it is a 7 year period of time set apart in which God pours out His wrath on the world in judgment when that is NOT what scripture teaches. Go back to my OP and reread what I posted regarding “tribulation” it is ALWAYS used referring to
    persecution and suffering NOT divine judgment. The “Day of the Lord” is when Christ actually appears and does bring judgment. Paul doesn’t tell the Thessalonian believers to “not be concerned about it” he says the opposite! Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 1 Thess 5:6
    He doesn’t say “don’t worry about it; you won’t have to worry about it.” He says “Watch!” Be sober so it doesn’t come on you like a thief!

I agree that we as believers will never suffer God’s wrath. Christ paid it all absolutely! But the “tribulation” and the Day of the Lord are not synonyms. The wrath that we are spared from (1 Thess 5 for example) is the destruction (eternal death) that comes upon unbelievers. It has nothing to do with what we go through in this life. We are 100% spared God’s wrath but Jesus Himself said that we would suffer tribulation. John 16:33

I really don’t understand what you’re saying here. We should argue our understanding of scripture without using scripture? If you don’t have any scripture to back up your beliefs then frankly why should I or anyone else listen? This reminds me of what Luther said at the Diet of Worms:
    “Unless I am convicted of error by the testimony of Scripture or by manifest reasoning, I stand convicted by the Scriptures to which I have appealed, and my conscience is taken captive by God…”

I’ll ignore the personal attack and go to the scripture:
    1Th 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
    Two simple solutions:
    First, the world translated saints is not always translated so, in fact other translations render this passage as his holy people (NLT) and his holy ones (NIV). The Greek word here is actually even used to describe Jesus himself in 4 verses! So this could easily been seen as a description of Christ coming with his angles (unless you think that Christ would be accompanied by Unholy angels) which correlates perfectly with 2 Thess 1:7 and Jude 14.
    Second, even with the post-tribulation rapture we will actually return to earth WITH Christ. 1 Thess 4:17 says that we will be caught up “to meet” Christ in the air. The phrase in Greek was used referring to the custom of a group going out to meet an important official (King for example) then accompanying him back to the same city they just left celebrating the officials entrance into their city.
    That is what will happen after the tribulation: Jesus appears in the Clouds, we are caught up to meet Him and be glorified, then return to the earth WITH Him to rule. That verse is entirely consistent with post-trib.

The Ark is a great example of God preserving his people through judgment. Noah was persecuted the entire time he was working on the ark, but then the time for judgment came and God spared Noah and his family, but they were still in the world. There is no reason whatsoever to assume God must remove His people before He can bring judgment. Of course I disagree with the assertion that the tribulation=judgment.
    Why do you believe these believers that are martyrs during this “tribulation period” aren’t part of the Bride of Christ? They are called Saints throughout Revelation, there is no difference between them and any other believer martyred

:thumbsup:

That seems to be the common script of the threads around here…

Actually I didn’t answer back because the 12th was my birthday and the 13th I spent all day in the ER with my wife… but you know, thanks for caring…
    Anyway, I answered your claim regarding 1 Thess 3 above.

You might want to be careful with throwing around claims of false doctrine since historic premillenialism has that name because it was the almost exclusive teaching for the first 300-400 years of the church. Then Amillennialism (Which also holds to a post-trib coming and rapture/resurrection) became popular and was dominate until the mid 1800s. That’s when pre-trib beliefs FRIST appeared! So be careful calling the post-trib gathering of the saints “false teaching” when it’s been the dominate teaching in one form or other for 1800 years.

16. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    This may not be the best time for me to respond to this because I'm medicated for a back issue, but here goes.

What I'm trying to say is this, if the church saints are in the tribulation but protected from it then the situation would be like that of the first passover. The Israelites were right there at ground zero but protected from judgement. But contrasting this with the flood, the saved were in a different environment than those being judged. This is not a minor point. It really doesn't matter if we disagree with who was left and who was removed because either way, Noah and family were not in the same environment as those judged. If they were, then you would have a great point.

To say as some do that the AD70 sacking of Jerusalem by the Roman army is the second coming Jesus is speaking about in Mat 25-25 has not a few but many problems from both a Biblical and historical perspective. If you were to list all of the signs Jesus tells us will happen in the Olivet discourse and apply them to the AD70 sacking you will find that a good portion of those things did not take place, not then or at any other time in history. The same applies to the judgements in Revelation.

I do not consider it my mission in life to convince others that my theology is correct and to point out the errors of theirs. I have come to the conclusion that the Bible is the sole authority and if we want to know God's will for our life or if we want to know how this age will conclude then we can go to the Scriptures and learn from them.

While some who rely on covenant theology to guide them as they study the Bible will not admit to believing in what is termed "replacement theology", it is impossible to adhear to covenant theology without making the claim at some point that the Church replaces Israel. Covenant theology wants to take all of Jehovah's blessings, give them to the Church and assign all the curses to the Jews. How a just God can break his promises he made to the Jews for unbelief and hand them over to the Church which has more than it's fair share of unbelief and disobedience is a question that the reformed cannot answer. It also disregards many passages of Scripture that state that The Israelites will be restored to a place of belief and fellowship.

So to proceed with this discussion you must first prove from the Bible that God made covenants of works, grace and or redemption with either man or in the case of the covenant of redemption with the Son. This is the question that I have been asking for over a year on this forum and a question that you can not answer from the Bible. The responses that I do get, generally in the form of a literary "smirk", do not make the case that such covenants exist. So to make a case for preterism, try answering the covenant question first. I wish you the best of luck.

17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I do agree with you about the righteous not being with the ungodly and unbelievers(as in the same place).
    But as far as who the taken and left were--according to scripture it does matter.

Math 24-37 as the days of Noah
    Math 24-38 in the days of Noah they(ungodly and unbelievers)were eating and drinking and giving in marriage(going about their everyday business)
    Math 24-39 and knew not until the flood came(because they weren't heeding what was being told to them)and took THEM(ungodly and unbelievers of verse 38)all away.

and so shall the coming of the Son of man be liken also--so you see in both cases the ones taken away are taken away in the Destruction and killed--the ones left behind are the righteous--being left on the earth alive.

It does matter because people can no longer use the ones taken away as the ones called up in the rapture--That's not even scriptural trying to use these verses to say that--it doesn't mean that at all:godisgood::jesus:

18. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me thinks his appearing in 2 Tim is his presence and if I am not mistaken, right before, the dead in Christ shall rise first, is For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:

That would also be, the presence of the Lord.

And the seventh messenger did sound, and there came great voices in the heaven, saying, `The kingdoms of the world did become [those] of our Lord and of His Christ, and he shall reign to the ages of the ages!'

19. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bosley;
    You Said;
    First of all you certainly seem thin skinned. I can only state things as I see them. I see most of your claims as false. This statement is not personal. It is not meant as a reflection on you at all but on what you believe. It's what debate is about.
    In this paragraph above you're trying to convince me That the word saints can be translated in different ways. This may be true but it isn't correct.
    This is the word in Greek and according to strongs this is it's only meaning.
    G40
    ἅγιος
    hagios
    hag'-ee-os
    From ἅγος hagos (an awful thing) compare G53, [H2282]; sacred (physically pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially consecrated): - (most) holy (one, thing), saint.

The versions you mention just may be your whole problem with understanding the scriptures because that word "Hagios" only has one meaning and it's saint

Sorry to hear about you're wife but I don't always read every post on a thread. I certainly hope she is feeling better.

Yes I see you tried but your answer doesn't hold water.

It couldn't be more false when you try to tell me the bunk about the word "hagios". Having the meaning of angles because as I just showed you that Idea just does not match strongs dictionary.
    MB

#39 MB, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
  20. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Post tribers all seem to think the Rapture and the second coming are in the same event. What you aren't considering is that they are in fact two separate events at completely different times. At the rapture we meet the Lord in the air. The second coming the Lord's feet actualy touch down on the mountain top. This is why there are two not just one resurrection
    Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. This is why there are two resurrections

MB

#40 MB, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013