1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A case in which Obama is a candidate for impeachment

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Judge Andrew Napolitano reacted this morning after President Obama indicated yesterday that he still feels "obliged" to take executive action on immigration reform.

In a press conference Wednesday, Obama said he wants to work with Congress, but again spoke of using his executive powers.

“I feel obliged to do everything I can lawfully with my executive authority to make sure we don’t keep on making the system worse. Whatever executive actions that I take will be replaced and supplanted by action by Congress. You send me a bill I can sign, and those executive actions go away," said Obama.

Napolitano explained the executive actions the president can take and those that he cannot take.

He said the president can tell DHS how to process people once they come into this country. But he believes Obama would be committing an impeachable offense if he directs DHS and the Border Patrol to "look the other way."

Napolitano said it comes down to whether the "practical effect of his executive order is the opposite of what the law requires." He added that he realizes Republicans do not want to pursue impeachment.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/11/...achment-if-obama-declares-immigration-amnesty

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

In other news, Obama said, "I will continue to perform my duties as President and will not break the law."

Napolitano responded with, "I know the President said he will not break the law, but IF he does, it would be an impeachable offense."

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's already broken the law several times and got away with all but one instance.

He will break the law again and again simply because he thinks he can.

Read my signature line.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deleted by carpro