1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Chart

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Harold Garvey, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Thanks, Tom, I have often defined discernment as seeing the wrong , being truly compassionate, taking the right steps to help correct the problem, while judgement condemns and carries out wrath against the one seen in the wrong. The time taken to catagorize people like the chart shows discernment, but when they have columns that place people into areas to point out and denigrate them is also a form of carrying out wrath and invites others to do the same and even more.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

There is no factual data supporting the claim of KJV superiority over other translations. There is certainly no scriptural support for it, or any single-translation superiority. I've asked for said support numerous times, and none has ever been provided. If you have such factual support by all means, feel free to start a separate thread and provide such information, rather than hijacking just about every thread you post in to make KJVOist claims.
    That's outright wrong. A person who adheres to strictly to the fundamentals of faith is a fundamentalist.

A hyperfundamentsist, OTOH, is one who carries fundamentalism to an extreme by adding to those fundamentals of faith. KJVOism is a a classic example of hyperfundamentalism, by virtue of the fact that KJVOism adds to the fundamental of sola scriptura, requiring that the scripture in question be the KJV.

#62 Johnv, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
  3. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree basically with what you are saying. I was defending charts in general as a possible tool but, it is true, all too often it is easy for them to lapse over into that second category - and often out of misunderstanding. In one discussion group I was in I was a "dispensationalist", but in the church I was in I was "Mr. Tulip"!:tongue3:

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread Closure

As this is veering off into Version/Translation territory, I'm closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.