1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A child's question.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

My wife is laying down with our 8 year old grandson, since it's his bedtime. His aunt, our daughter, died in 1979 when she was 40 days old. He asked his Nan about her, "Will she be the same age in heaven or will she be older?"
    Now my question, too.
    What will be the level of her understanding?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

I think in this case the question reflects some consideration of the possibility that she might older or grown and so I would answer directly such as, "No, she won't be an infant. When we go to be with the Lord he removes things like aging so we are in an eternal body. How old that looks to use I don't know the Bible doesn't say but it does make it clear we will be able to learn and will learn, walk with the Savior and worship so her glorified body will probably be like a person who is an adult" And then leave it at that unless of course more questions come.

But obviously your grandson has thought about this and wants to know. Speak frankly and maturely to him. In the mean time it is my bed time....snxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. A few weeks ago as we were going through, 2 Pet 1, we encountered that same question.

2. We all just speculated. What else can we do? I know some have pointed to Adam and Eve as prototypes, since they were fashioned as adults, so we all might be that way too.

3. But I know that at what age we are, it's going to be glorious.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

When we see Jesus as he is, what will we be like?

A child. Unless we come to him as a child.

A maturing person--one who looks through a glass dimly, yet sees clearly.

5. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Just let it come from the heart.

6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible says we will know as we are known. That's a pretty high level of understanding, so I would assume we'd be mature, but not "old." (as in wrinkles and gray hair)

7. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I would tell the child "I don't know. But the fact that she'll be there is what counts."

Our daughter was stillborn. To be honest, I've wondered what she'll be like when I see her in heaven. Will she be a baby? Will she be a grown up? I just don't know. I just want to hold her again.

While Jesus was 33 years old, John saw Him with white hair in the revelation.

8. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I was told we will be at the age we felt our very best, and in perfect health, be that six or sixty. Also, the babies will be in the same main hall or court as God Himself. I like that idea.

love,

Sopranette