1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a church problem

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by spurgeon2004, Jun 9, 2004.

1. C.R. Gordon

C.R. Gordon New Member

Someone needs to do the Bill Gothard lesson "YIELDING YOUR RIGHTS" both of these men are in the wrong.

2. C.R. Gordon

C.R. Gordon New Member

I think you need to show the "TRUE AND FALSE CONVERSION" video by Ray Comfort. Sounds like this fella needs to simple be born again. True Christians are not going to act like that over an OWL! There are deeper problems, and they are sin related.

3. C.R. Gordon

C.R. Gordon New Member

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Remind those boys of 1 Cor. 13:11, "When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things."

5. C.R. Gordon

C.R. Gordon New Member

SOMEONE STOLE MY PLASTIC(4.99) OWL

Oh hi i'm 12.

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Read about the problem the church had in 1 Cor. 5

7. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Wait a minute. Do you or do you not know who took them down? (you said the deacon told you and then you said you told the church member you didn't know who did it) If you do have you asked them why?

I too think their are heart problems going on here. Satan uses all kinds of things to divide us. I suggest you approach all involved gently and with the truth: Two plastic owls shouldn't be enough to cause trouble between brothers. Then put them both to work in the Word to find scripture to support why or why not those owls should be there.

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

So I heard that the City of Mobile put 'birth control' pills for birds in seed and controlled the pigeon population that way back in the 1960's.

This is one of the silliest fusses I've heard since the one about the church that split when the preacher ate fried chicken from one womans platter but didn't take a piece from another woman's platter.

How about an announcement from the pulpit that some plastic owls had been installed to discouraged smaller birds from nesting and making a mess and could the person who removed them please return them.

Diane

9. onestand

onestand New Member

Spurgeon,

Sounds like a simple situation is being made big. You said the deacon knows who took the owls down, so then find out who it was and explain to them that it's tacky to just take stuff down without consulting someone first regardless of the reasoning. Apologize to the gentleman who put them up, and find out why they were hung in the first place...decoration, getting rid of unwanted pests? Seriously, if you allow this to build up it's going to fester into something amazingly stupid and cause such un-needed drama, which it sounds is already in the making.