1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Comparison, Christ vs Mohammed

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Cherry5

Cherry5 New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimmy Higgins:

The origin of the universe in the bible? Surely you jest. NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE, will it tell you where or when the earth originated. In the beginning, the earth was already there. Now if you do not give creedence to the big bang, or rather big expansion theory, that is your choice. However, I strong doubt that you have given any serious thought to the theory. Nor have you looked at any of the recent evidence given by the CMB research. Nor have you really studied the bible, for if you had, you'd know when the first story of creation was written, who it was written by, the form in which it was written, and why it was written. A true believer scrutinizes their own beliefs. This is how their beliefs become stronger. However, I don't think you have either scrutinized your own beliefs, but not even the ones you hold so firmly and arrogently against.

Christian principles? Please explain Article 1, Section 2, mainly the 3/5 compromise part on counting the number of people per state to determine legislatures. Was the manifest destiny the glory of Christ?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I have read this entire thread with great interest. How it got from a comparison of Christ and Mohammed to the teachings of the public school is beyond me. But then again, I may be just a bit slow.

However, I am not so slow that I don't remember what the Bible says in Genesis 1: "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Doesn't your Bible say that?

By the way, is your reference to Article 1, Section 2, taken from the Constitution? Guess I'll have to look that one up. And, in case you might be a little bit curious, I am an American. I've spent the better part of 2 days trying to figure out how the Manifest Destiny applies to this thread. But, again like I said, I do tend to be a little slow. Maybe I'll figure it out next week. :confused:

2. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cherry5:

Hmm, I have read this entire thread with great interest. How it got from a comparison of Christ and Mohammed to the teachings of the public school is beyond me. But then again, I may be just a bit slow.

However, I am not so slow that I don't remember what the Bible says in Genesis 1: "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Doesn't your Bible say that?

By the way, is your reference to Article 1, Section 2, taken from the Constitution? Guess I'll have to look that one up. And, in case you might be a little bit curious, I am an American. I've spent the better part of 2 days trying to figure out how the Manifest Destiny applies to this thread. But, again like I said, I do tend to be a little slow. Maybe I'll figure it out next week. :confused:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello cherry5. Welcome to this all encompassing thread. You are right to wonder how this thread managed such a large jump in subjects, however, the entire thread is all related to ignorance. The beginning of this thread was posted in ignorance. I just extrapolated his islamic biased ignorance to christian based ignorance. :confused: Trust me, there is a connection.

As for the bible saying god created the heavens and the earth, please let me explain that in the hebrew it does not say to create out of nothing. The term bara has been assumed to mean "to create out of nothing" however, no where can this be an acceptable assumption. Even the Septuagint version, which is in greek and can't be reproduced here without some serious effort, means "to found" or "to create", but not "to create out of nothing." So if God didn't create the earth and the heavens out of nothing, that means something had to exist prior.

As for the Manifest Destiny, I was imploring how Christian Doctrine, known as the Manifest Destiny strongly formed the American policy to expand to the Pacific and kill or convert anyone in their way. I'll requote what is on page 4 of this thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>We have no interest in the scenes of antiquity, only as lessons of avoidance of nearly all their examples. The expansive future is our arena, and for our history. We are entering on its untrodden space, with the truths of God in our minds, beneficent objects in our hearts, and with a clear conscience unsullied by the past. We are the nation of human progress, and who will, what can, set limits to our onward march? Providence is with us, and no earthly power can. We point to the everlasting truth on the first page of our national declaration, and we proclaim to the millions of other lands, that "the gates of hell" -- the powers of aristocracy and monarchy -- "shall not prevail against it."
    The far-reaching, the boundless future will be the era of American greatness. In its magnificent domain of space and time, the nation of many nations is destined to manifest to mankind the excellence of divine principles; to establish on earth the noblest temple ever dedicated to the worship of the Most High -- the Sacred and the True. Its floor shall be a hemisphere -- its roof the firmament of the star-studded heavens, and its congregation an Union of many Republics, comprising hundreds of happy millions, calling, owning no man master, but governed by God's natural and moral law of equality, the law of brotherhood -- of "peace and good will amongst men.". . . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I was trying to show is that what people view as islamic based tendicies to kill and destroy what is not their own, christian doctrine has done the same in this country. Just pointing out the religious hypocrisy.

3. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

OK, back to the original topic "Christ VS. Mohammed". How's this:

Jesus Christ is the spotless Lamb of God, crucified and risen from the dead and King of Kings and Lord of Lords forever. Mohammed is dead and burning in Hell for eternity.

4. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pennsylvania Jim:
    OK, back to the original topic "Christ VS. Mohammed". How's this:

Jesus Christ is the spotless Lamb of God, crucified and risen from the dead and King of Kings and Lord of Lords forever. Mohammed is dead and burning in Hell for eternity.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or perhaps both have long since rotted away.

5. ken

ken New Member

what else is there to cmpare between the two?
    Christ is alive and well
    Mohammed is dead and needs help [​IMG]

6. Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ps104_33:
    I'm still waiting for some scripture saying slavery is a sin. Can anyone help me?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't need a scripture TO KNOW that slavery is WRONG! Do you need a scripture to tell you everything that is right or wrong!

Most of our morals come from the heart, not doctrine! If you cannot understand that, then I pity you.

And btw ... are you trying to say that the slavery in our country in the past was okay? That it was okay to use people for labor and deny them the privilege of being human beings just because their skin color was different?

7. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ps104_33:
    Can Anyone give me one verse of scripture from the old or new testement where slavery is called a sin? Slavery was just the very bottom of the class ladder. Today we call them welfare recipients. "....if any would not work, neither should he eat."
    2Thess 3:10
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:eek:

8. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ps104_33:
    Can Anyone give me one verse of scripture from the old or new testement where slavery is called a sin? Slavery was just the very bottom of the class ladder. Today we call them welfare recipients. "....if any would not work, neither should he eat."
    2Thess 3:10
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you trying to validate slavery as we know it? People being brought over here forcefully, families torn apart and sold like animals to do the work white folks didnt feel like doing. You actually have to ask if this is a sin?

9. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ps104_33:
    I'm still waiting for some scripture saying slavery is a sin. Can anyone help me?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Where does your conscience fit in on this one? Or do you not allow it to rear it's ugly head. Do you need someone to quote scripture on something so blatantly evil and wrong? You can't figure this one out by yourself?

10. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Of course I know that slavery is wrong. All I am asking is what does the Bible say on the matter.

11. Bradd

Bradd New Member

Here are some links which compare Jesus and Mohammed. This is an important issue as Muslims are suppossed to model their lives after Mohammed as recorded in the Quran and Hadith (the traditions), while Christians are suppossed to follow the example of the Jesus of the Bible (not the Isa (Jesus) of the Quran).
    http://www.answering-islam.de/Silas/terrorism.htm
    http://www.answering-islam.de/Nehls/Ask/model.html
    http://www.answering-islam.de/Gilchrist/Vol1/2a.html

Muslims are trying to deceive the world. They are trying to make out that Mohammed was a peaceful man and that Islam is a peaceful religion. http://www.answering-islam.org/Terrorism/peace_concept.html

12. radiochemist

radiochemist Guest

I believe that the original post that started this thread is too simplistic and probably wrong on some of the issues. For instance, I have heard that the Koran also teaches peace and tolerance towards other peoples and religions. Maybe it is a little inconsistent in that regard, but so is the Bible, especially in the Old Testament. It is not always true that the bible teaches "turning the other cheek" etc.

13. poikilotherm

poikilotherm New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimmy Higgins:

As for the bible saying god created the heavens and the earth, please let me explain that in the hebrew it does not say to create out of nothing. The term bara has been assumed to mean "to create out of nothing" however, no where can this be an acceptable assumption. Even the Septuagint version, which is in greek and can't be reproduced here without some serious effort, means "to found" or "to create", but not "to create out of nothing." So if God didn't create the earth and the heavens out of nothing, that means something had to exist prior.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummmmmmmmm This is actually a complicated area, and you are oversimplifying. While Rashi agrees with you (for instance), the majority of grammatical commentators do not, based on a variety of arguments. In fact, if you want to tangle with the Hebrew, you are also up against some very authoritative commentators (the RAMBAM amoung them). Ex Nihilo it is true is not mentioned in Genesis, but it can be argued that it is implied. Do you speak or read Hebrew?