1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Holy Kiss?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Have any of you ever heard or perhaps preached a sermon on the "Holy Kiss" spoken of in the New Testament?

Our pastor has been going through 1 Thessalonians lately and we came to the end of the letter last night and he actually preached on the Holy Kiss.
    I think many were surprised that he preached it but is was actually very good.

You can go ahead and discuss the topic here but you can also listen to the sermon if you like:

http://www.edgewoodbaptistchurch.net/sermons?sermon_id=88

2. rdwhite

rdwhite New Member

No, I haven't ever felt led to teach on that, I may listen to the message tomorrow. I have seen men come across it in their message, but most of the time, they never really do it justice, they don't really try and teach the passage. They crack a joke and brush it aside.

3. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Yes, that is all I had ever heard before. This was very good I thought.

4. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

This was the end of a 4 month series on 1 Thessalonians and so he really dealt with the whole book. He did not leave anything out.