1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A New Law Intorduced in the House

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Mar 21, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I find it interesting that a liberal "Christian" would define the battle of religious tolerance where the government is concerened as a conservative vs liberal conflict. Religious tolerance where the government is concerned doesnt address such issues.

What kind of religious tolerance is needed in this country that we do not currently have? The only religion that is being stifled in this country is those that have to do with Christ. Christ is the one being rejected from our schools, and in the general public arena where He once had influence. I contend this can be nothing but a back door attempt for religious control. For it is not possible that absolute tolerance be given in all areas.

A Christian cannot pray in any name other than Jesus Christ. Anyone who does is not a Christian. So either one religion will be preferred or all will be stiffled in the public arena. This entire bill is to set up a communist agenda and tear down capitalism.

2. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

Whine, but no proof.

3. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

Jack with all due respect, what a bunch of hogwash! Please tell me you are not a conspiracy theorist also? I am a conservative Christian but cannot recall the special treatment the Government gives me over others? Please tell me that I may know and possibly take advantage of this. As I have worked since childhood and been blessed with all I have! I do know many minorities receive preferential treatment through such as affirmative action; whereas jobs, benefits, or scholarships are given simply because of one's race or sex. Despite their competence or qualified competition.

But come on "to accept the fact that you are now going to have to compete in the marketplace of ideas", ha! The history of mankind has always been in the competition of ideas! There is nothing scary about that! In fact I enjoy many of the ideas put forth by others. I simply process their thoughts, irrespective of whether I agree or not, and often are able to learn something. Though on rare occasions it may simply be that there are some real kooks out there, :laugh: .
    But to clarify, who is hindering your ability to put forth your ideas? After all isn't that what we do on this board?

Yes, America went through it's growing pains with racism. But this is the history of man and is as prevalent among minorities as it is among majorities. Irrespective of what we say or want to believe, people are naturally more comfortable among their own. It is when they discriminate in holding bias against others simply because of race or sex that is wrong.
    To point out some things and to correct some, A) there were many successful, loved, and prosperous blacks throughout America's history, B) many conservative Christians, white by the way and whom you apparently condemn, fought for and won equal rights legislation. As a matter of fact, it was the conservative Republican party who put forth and fought for civil rights legislation during the 60's and 70's! Which you note above and such would not have occurred without their efforts.

Misconception/misrepresentation, and typically a Separatist or Atheist argument.
    A) If I lived in the Middle East I would expect, or not be shocked, to see the Muslim religion taught or referenced in School. I would only hope to have the option, as surely you do in America, to have my child dismiss himself.
    B) If I lived in Asia I would expect, or not be shocked, to see Buddhism taught or referenced in School. I would only hope to have the option, as surely you do in America, to have my child dismiss himself.
    C) If I lived in a Wiccan Nation I would expect witchery to be referenced. I would only hope to have the option, as surely you do in America, to have my child dismiss himself.

What is sad and amazing however is that in America, the majority does not have the option of seeing the Ten commandments hanging inconspicuously on the wall. But they also do not have the option of opting out of many school curriculum which is contrary to God's word, or anti-God and in-moral. Nor does the majority have the option of having a teacher lead them or guide them in prayer in offsetting such as that. Be it personal or otherwise! These things are far from forcing or inconveniencing minorities. In fact, the Ten Commandments and School prayer had always been an important part of America from its' founding. But the fact is, the only reason these options are available in America, or why other's are welcomed, is because of our Christian heritage!

Actually their statements are accurate and factually shown. One could simply look at the ACLU cases or how some Schools have tolerated other religious displays over Christianity.

I agree with most of this statement and can say Amen to much. However, on one hand you give a good rally in that we should fight for the Kingdom of God in advancing it and taking it to the enemy, figuratively speaking. Yet on the other hand you criticize Christians for wanting prayer or the Ten Commandments available to children in School?

It is kind of hard to say we are standing for God and what testimony is it to our Lord; when we fight against and criticize references to Him?!! As Christians we are taught to love one another but not at the exclusion of God. What a testimony indeed. I will gladly take my criticism from the Separatist now!

Take care, in Christ.:jesus:

#23 Ralph III, Mar 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
  4. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Seems rather difficult to persecute the majority.....

IMO, we should not be starting anything new until we have figured out a reasonable exit strategy from Iraq. Additionally, those tax cuts should be repealed and earmarked for paying for this war.

Regards,
    BiR

#24 Baptist in Richmond, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

And the economy will take a dive.

6. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

We must understand the value of those GWB tax cuts and all it's meant over these years. This new Senate bill, were it not for GWB's veto pen will hearken us back to fiscally dark days. And their attempt to govern this war from Congress, guarantees our defeat, and they know that and revel in it. This new Democrat party is a great enemy of freedom loving countries, and of Jesus Christ.

#26 hillclimber1, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  7. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Principalities and powers in high places.

Satan knows he cannot destroy God's chosen people, as long as America, is so incredibly powerful militarily, and has sworn to defend Israel. His minions have co-opted our government, and are working full time to dissolve us of this military might, OR make it impossible to employ. I'd say we've come a long way toward that end, most unashamedly at the hands of these giddy liberals.

8. Baptist in Richmond

Not true - it didn't happen when Clinton raised taxes.

9. Baptist in Richmond

Do you really understand what GWB and the GOP have done to this country? Have you looked at the national debt lately?

Utterly wrong. BTW, it's the DEMOCRATIC party.

10. Baptist in Richmond

HUH?
    Who are these minions?

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes , it did. It just happened almost as soon as he was out of office. It takes a while for bad tax policy to show it's effects.

12. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I really fear no national debt. The one thing this nation can do, if unrestrained by over taxation, is to make money. Tons, gobs and unbelievable quantities of it.

And every other economic indicator available says we are in the best era for the capitalistic entrepreneur system that drives the finest economy in history.

13. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

We can't be making money if we are always borrowing from China, now China on the other hand will come out pretty sweetly they already know that they can devistate our stock market if they want to.

14. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

It most certainly did. The economy was tanking when Clinton left the White House and GWB's tax cuts saved Slicks bacon.

These differing economic approaches take anywhere from a year to two or three to fully impact the economy.

15. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Principalities and powers behind the Kennedy's, Schumers, Polosi, etc, that are working to destroy our President and the military.

16. Baptist in Richmond

Do you have a rudimentary knowledge of economic theory? Do you know what would happen to our economy if this was done? This sounds a lot like what Cheney is alleged to have said in the book The Price of Loyalty.

All I am reading is how China is the market with the largest growth potential. Most companies aren't building factories here in the USA, are they?

17. Baptist in Richmond

The answer to the question in the previous post seems to be a no when one reads these comments. These are nothing more than talking points that you have heard somewhere.

I guess this is simply more proof that you are one of the most polarized posters in this forum. If you believe this, then I really can't help you.

Sorry,
    BiR

18. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I believe you are delusional.

19. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Believe me when I say, I have absolutely no interest in your help.

20. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Sure you do. I appreciate this from you, as it shows your stripes.

I'm a fundamentalist right wing Christian conservative. That is your real issue with me.