1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Rational Look at the Miers Nomination

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 4, 2005.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I care about her religious views because I think that any society that does not have a Christian viewpoint ends up with all sorts of human rights abuse. I don't think that we should use politically correct rules for dividing up the court among women, Blacks, Jews, Hispanics and Whites. I think that idea is sick.

If you have an hour, watch this Lutheran theologian John Warwick Montgomery video {i}Why Human Rights Are Impossible Without Religion[/i:

http://www.id.ucsb.edu/detche/video/religion/montgomery/montgomery.html

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

We Christians are by no means devoid of human rights abuses. Slavery, the Salem Witch Trials, and Manzanar are a few. But that's a whole other issue, and I don't want to hijack this thread off the topic. Granted, that I think human rights preservation should be consistent with the Christian.

Now, on the topic of justices, if said justice is a Christian, and there is a case in which the justice must choose between what the Constitution dictates and what his/her faith dictates, that justice must choose what the Constitution dictates. If the justice places faith over the Constitution, then that person is unfit to be a justice.