1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Saint, or an "Ain't!"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Sep 24, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://ipad.aol.com/article/2015/09...aing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk2&pLid=337054525

The POTUS and our nation roll out a red carpet for the left leaning Pope, who canonized a controversial priest to saint.

The more I read about this guy ( the new saint), the more I had to side with the native Californians who had to live under his evangelizing of the once great state. In fact I started to wonder if the pope and the Vatican may consider elevating General George Armstrong Custer to sainthood the next time he visits the states?

And then there is the hyprocisy of the black radicals, and even Obama, Gov. Jerry Brown who pushed to remove anything to do with the Confederate leaders and their battle flag from public sight because of the sins of slavery (which I do not oppose based on the history of slavery in our nation). HOWEVER, one of the worst nations for enslaving indigenous people was Spain, while present on this continent, then Mexico, which took over for the Spaniards.

IMHO, there was as much hypocrisy in DC today as there was pomp and circumstance. So I ask where was the outrage? I guess a few Indian folks voicing their disapproval doesn't matter that much, after all, "red lives, don't matter, or do they?" :flower:

#1 righteousdude2, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Recently, the Vatican has been making all the former Vicars of Christ into saints so I imagine that the Argentine will acquire sainthood.

Meanwhile, the news is reporting that His Holiness is scheduled to address a Den of Thieves in Washington DC.

So the Vicar of Christ is on a trip where he seems to be going for the worst souls, so something good may come of this trip that so far is a trip that seems to be about publicity for the Vicar of Christ and money for the Vatican bank.

For example, Cuba is such a police/terrorist state that the Vicar of Christ was unable to confront the bloodthirsty rulers over their murders of 15 or 16 thousand people and their imprisonment for long sentences of half a million human beings over petty crimes such as stealing food due to starvation or such as saying down with Castro. Even outside of Cuba the Vicar of Christ is silent, probably because it would mean death to the remaining few thousand Catholics in Cuba if the Vicar of Christ were to mumble a word on their behalf anywhere in the world.

However, the Vatican in their political function have been instrumental in finding American businessmen opportunities for labor in Cuba--labor that will only cost about $25 a month and in an environment of low crime because a police state does not have crime.