1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A time to contemplate

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Van, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    60 years ago, as a young man, I was walking on the floor of Dry Dock #1 in the Long Beach Navel Shipyard when I heard over the DE public address system that President Kennedy had been shot.

Years later, I visited his grave with the flame, and then walked a short distance to view a lone white cross marking the burial place of RFK. I had watched the live TV broadcast of his appearance after winning in California, and so witnessed the hand signal of a reporter than he too had be shot.

I have not visited the resting place of MLK Jr, but these three men certainly had a huge impact on my political views.

I think it is informative to contemplate they were taken by a racist, a terrorist and a communist.

Thanksgiving is about thanking God for our blessings, and today I thank God for the positive contributions of my heroes.

2. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In what way?