1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Wonderful Opportunity and Advice desired

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Rookiepastor, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Rookiepastor

Rookiepastor New Member

Hello Brothers,

We at our church have a wonderful opportunity. Our location is a great location for commerical business, however, because of a building blocking the view of our church building, we are somewhat hidden.

A land developer wants to buy our property. This is not the first one to try. I have always told them up front, that we are debt free and will remain that way. If anyone wanted to purchase our property, they would to pay up front, enough for us to obtain new land and build new facility. In addition they would have to wait until the new building is completed for us to give up our location and we are not paying rent. Most have ran away from that.

We now have a developer that wants to work with us.

So, we are looking for a new location and for plans and ideas of what to build.

Who has experience in this? I need some input.

Thanks and God Bless

Bro. Fred

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I have experience in this, and it's mostly negative. Many people cannot get over the fact that it's just a building. Be prepared for an uphill battle.

But, it seems worthwhile if you get a better location and/or some cash out of the deal. (Cash can help you further the church's ministry.)

3. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

I was in a church near the Marine Base (Camp Lejeune) in Jacksonville North Carolina. Our Church had a prime location but was limited in growing based on the size of the property and the building and restrictions on zoning. Well, after much rezoning and refinancing in the 'old downtown' district to make it more comercial and young couple friendly our property value skyrocketed. So the church worked out just such a deal and where able to buy more property and build a larger building all before moving from the old location and all while staying debt free due to the advance from selling the old property. So the Lord can bless this and this can be a great testimony for how the Lord works and takes care of things. I would encourage you to get all of these things completed and ask God to provide this as a confirmation that your church should relocate. God Bless you!!