1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abhe???

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Greektim, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are your thoughts and opinions concerning this accreditation agency? Is it legit??? Is it closer to TRACS or ATS?

2. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Used to, ABHE was considered the undergraduate equivalent of ATS. Since 2004, however, ABHE has started granting accreditation to Graduate institutions, so I am not sure how that has changed things.

I would probably say that as undergrad work goes, they are probably equivalent to ATS (although ATS does not accredit undergrad inst.). At the Grad level, they are certainly better than TRACS, but not as prestigious as ATS...probably...

I think the accreditation list, for organizations that accredit theological schools, probably looks like this...

#1 Regional Acc.
    #2 ATS
    #3 ABHE
    #4 DETC
    #5 TRACS

Again, this is mostly a guess; accreditation discussions is one of my hobbies.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I would say ABHE is better viewed by some than others. RA is the gold standard. Now that ABHE has wisely started going the grad route, it may pick up the gravitas I believe ATS has squandered.

ABHE is a CHEA legit agency. Havensdad is right in that it is viewed as an ATS undergrad equivalent.

4. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the clarificaiton and info! :)