1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abortion argument unravels

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Gup20, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2004/1116abortion.asp

In short, this article from AiG describes how our bodies make killer T cells to attack foreign objects in our bodies. This is why in transplanting organs, the body rejects the organs. This article describes how the same exact process occurs during human pregnancy - and the there is a mechanism called IDO that actively fights the killer T cells at the Baby/mother interface.

This goes against the common "Woman's right to choose" argument is that it is the "mother's body" and she should be able to do with it what she will. However, this science conclusively shows that the child growing inside a mother is distinctly foreign and unique - an individual person from conception, not an extension of the mother's own body that can be discarded.

2. Liz Ward

Liz Ward New Member

All they'll do with that argument is to concede it and start on another, that's how the abortion lobby works. They've had to concede that the unborn baby is human and is alive, so now it's either the "my cells are human so i am killing humans every time i scratch" argument, or it's "no other person in the world has the right to use any other for life support so why should the fetus be any different" argument.

In short, you can't reason with the desire to kill one's unborn child.

Liz
    edited for inappropriate language.

[ November 16, 2004, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: DHK ]

3. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    To be fair, very few woman's backsides grow up to be whole people (I say few because my own mother had a rather large posterior).

If they do mention that no other person has the right to use any other for life support, we might ask if they believe in welfare or allowing taxes to pay for social services.

4. joyfulkeeperathome

joyfulkeeperathome New Member

so sad that those who advocate abortion are so blinded by Satan as to not be able to see what they are doing is wrong....