1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abu Qatada

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by grahame, Feb 27, 2007.

1. grahame

grahame New Member

Remind me why I should feel sorry for this guy.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4141594.stm
    He is being chucked out of Britain because he represents a serious threat to the security of the country. He got here on a false passport. He has just lost his appeal to stay here and now his lawyers say he will be tortured if he gets sent back to his own country. Although I don't agree with torture on anyone, I still cannot see why he should stay here if he keeps preaching against those very values which have kept him free and safe over the years. He ran to Britain to escape the law in his own country. Remained committed to terrorism and condoned suicide bombings. Preached against the western democracies, forgetting the fact that it was our democratic way of life that he ran to in order to be safe from persecution. So please tell me why he shouldn't be kicked out of our country? I suppose someone is going to say that I am being unchristian in saying this. But for some reason I cannot muster any sympathy for him. I just cannot see why Britain always hast to be the soft man of Europe in allowing all these kinds of people in, even in the case of asylum.

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Isnt it amazing how they manage to use the very laws of the people they hate to protect themselves from the governments that their religion produces? The freedom that they enjoy in the West is not conducive to the Islamic religion. I say good riddance. May many more of these terrible people follow.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    typical terrorist, if you ask me.
    communists do that, as well.
    they start fomenting revolution against the country they live in, or were born in, and when they get caught, guess whose laws they use to keep themselves free ?
    and if they've got a big enough organization with a sizeable amount of "revolutionary" tax, why, they can get the best and brightest lawyers around that money can buy.
    cowards.