1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adam's transgression and our guilt

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by npetreley, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Southern

Southern New Member

athanaseusperez,
    You mentioned about an unbeliever doing "good". Your statement seems to show an unfamiliarity with the Doctrines of Grace and Reformed theology. Jesus mentioned those who are evil yet do good (I don't have a Bible here with me). Evil men do "good" in the eyes of man like helping old ladies across the street, etc. What most reformed theologians mean by doing "nothing" good is the kind spoken of by Paul in Romans 3 where he says there is "none" that does good. Also the kind that James says that whatever is not of faith is sin, and surely we recognize that an unbeliever does not have faith, therefore everything he does is not "good" in that sense.
    Hope that helps you to understand what the Bible teaches and what Christians mean by not doing anything good. Look in John 6 where Jesus is speaking of things that man can't do (vs. 37,44,etc.)One of those things is come to Him.

In Christ

2. athanaseusperez

athanaseusperez New Member

3. athanaseusperez

athanaseusperez New Member

I am sorry that I am unfamiliar with the "doctrines of grace and reformed theology"
    But you mean to tell me that you never in one point in time before you were save kept one of the commandments once at least ? That every time you were faced with telling the truth and telling a lie you always lied ? So everytime you were faced with committing adultery with your neighbours wife you fell into sin and never did good by obeying that commandment ? (i meant that part with humor, and dont say I am making a mock at sin. You know what I mean) Yes before we were saved we were able to keep the commandments and therefore doing good by keeping them . Although I am not saying that we could keep them all the time but it was possible for heathens to not lie . Isnt it good to not lie ? Then by not lying and telling the truth you are doing good .
    Stop getting your theology from what the theologians say anyway, most of them werent even saved but just studied God . Read the bible for what it says and get your beliefs from the bible only .
    About romans 3, it is not saying that no one is good in any way . It is talking about good works cant get you to heaven . Example , read the part where it says no one seeks after God . Didnt king david seek after God and the O.T. saints ? You say , " but they were saved . " Yeah but to hold that argument that there is none good and none seeks after God , you would also have to say that "No One" means NO ONE . Right ? I am not trying to be sly with words, but try to read this and understand the context and see which argument it holds to .
    Thanks

4. rc

rc New Member

Idon't serve the god of Arminianism. I have nothing to do with him, and I don't bow down before the Baal they have set up; he's not my god, nor shall he ever be; I fear him not, nor tremble at his presence. The god that says today and denies tomorrow, that justifies today and condemns the next, is no relation to my God in the least. He may be a relation of Ashtaroth or Baal, but Jehovah never was or can be his name.

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :eek: :eek: [​IMG]

You're claiming that the Arminian view of the Gospel and salvation paints a picture of a very different God than the god of Calvinism - correct?

In Christ,

Bob

6. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

No one that I know is charmed by Christian bigotry, prejudice, intolerance, narrow mindedness or dogmatism. The God of Calvinism and Arminianism are explained in different ways and yet we both believe in the Deity of Christ and the atonement. We are all trying to best explain the living and true God. If you ever have been wrong about some Biblical idea, watch out! You just might be wrong again.

This one God never changes. We are the children of God can at times make wrong judgments about who He really is as to His nature and attributes.

A pharisaical attitude is incompatible with Christian love.

7. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes Adam sinned while having free will and all the resources for him not to.

it then resulted to two major blows to mankind:
    1. each one would be born with the nature to sin.
    2. each one would be imputed Adam's sin.

among those who cling to these concepts, two major teaching paths follow:

1. poor offspring. it doesn't matter what they do or what they choose. they are not respected of their volition, but are born condemned. it's not God's fault that they were in that situation anyway, so there is no problem. forget about whether it's their fault they were in that situation. just be content that it's not God's fault, and see that it's a good thing that God choose to deliver some (elects).

2. lucky offspring! they were imputed Adam's sin so that everyone will be candidates of God's salvation, a state much better than Adam's original situation, since condemnation must precede salvation.