1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adrian Rogers

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Rhetorician, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Announcement:

Long time pastor Bellview Baptist Church in Memphis died this morning from complications of Colon and Liver Cancers.

Please pray for the family and the church at this great loss.

sdg!

rd

2. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

WOW! He was my favorite preacher.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Zeph. 3:17

3. shannonL

shannonL New Member

He was my favorite as well. He was a Godly man.
    It is amazing to me how God took him home so soon after leaving the pulpit at Bellview.
    Nobody had command of the pulpit like Dr. Rogers.
    On more than one occasion his preaching brought me to tears. I know He was a Godly man because you just can't preach with the kind of power and authority he had unless you walked with God in private.
    May God have His hand upon the family during these days.
    I know he inspired me as a young preacher boy
    more than one time.
    Well He is with the Master now! Amen!

4. Watchman

Watchman New Member

There is always good news and bad news when a dear brother or sister passes. The good is that they are with the Lord, which Paul said, is far better; but on the other hand, they are gone from us. He will be missed.

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, watch that kind of thinking. Men like Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Bakker were perceived by thousands to preach with "power and authority," but what types of things were they doing "in private?"

I don't know much about Adrian Rogers; wouldn't even recognize his voice in a sample of a sermon. But if I thought he was the most dynamic and doctrinally correct preacher I have ever heard, I would still know nothing about his private life. I only hope now that his motivations were honorable, and he was not as power-driven as many of his detractors claim.

6. Watchman

Watchman New Member

I can understand your caution Alcott, but there is every indication, from the testimony of his family and others, that Adrian Rogers was no Jimmy Swaggart or Jim Bakker. Let us go by innocent until proven guilty.
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by shannonL:
    I know He was a Godly man because you just can't preach with the kind of power and authority he had unless you walked with God in private.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree.

7. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

He will be missed.

8. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I listen to him every Sunday morning.He will be missed by me and many others.Adrian Rogers was a Man of God.

9. nate

nate New Member

He was a great Preacher! I agree with everyone else a Great Man of God!

10. Charles E.Smith

Charles E.Smith New Member

I used to watch him Sunday's after I got home from church. He was one of the few preachers on TBN worth watching for more then entertainment value. Lately I have been listening to his radio program also and have been richly blessed by it. I am glad that they are continuing 'Love Worth Finding' in spite of his death. It reminds me of how,when Spurgeon died the publication of his sermons continued till World War I with dozens of sermons still left over. God Bless the people at Bellvue and Dr.Rogers family.

11. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

Hey, watch that kind of thinking. Men like Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Bakker were perceived by thousands to preach with "power and authority," but what types of things were they doing "in private?"

I don't know much about Adrian Rogers; wouldn't even recognize his voice in a sample of a sermon. But if I thought he was the most dynamic and doctrinally correct preacher I have ever heard, I would still know nothing about his private life. I only hope now that his motivations were honorable, and he was not as power-driven as many of his detractors claim.
    </font>[/QUOTE]The difference in one word - accountability. Baker & Swaggart had none.

12. Word Walker

Word Walker New Member

[/QUOTE]The difference in one word - accountability. Baker & Swaggart had none. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Amen! And amen! [​IMG]
    Adrian Rogers was also my favorite TV and radio preacher.

In Christ,
    Word Walker

13. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Adrian Rogers, Baker & Swaggart do not even belong in the same post together.

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Like comparing daylight to dark!!!