1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

After Toronto: the miracle of gold fillings?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Jules, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Jules

Jules New Member

I do not know who or what is behind the gold tooth phenomenon, but I do know that if God is behind it, then this is not a God I want to follow. Jesus, I believe, is indeed Lord, but he is not a star turn at the circus, or a member of the magic circle, nor a peripatetic dentist.

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

REALLY old fillings pick up colorations from things like coffee and tea and give the appearance of being gold.... right before they need to be replaced... I know because I have a LOT of 40 + year old fillings. This is no miracle.

3. aa0310

aa0310 New Member

Hi Jules, I assume that you are referring to the aftermath of the so-called "Toronto Blessing", or, more correctly, "Toronto Deception"?

These alleged "miracles" claimed that some people who had normal fillings in their teeth, and after paryer, or attending a meeting, these fillings turned into gold! What purpose is there for God to do this? Is the gospel not enough to save people any more? Does God need to use gimmicks to get the attention of people? There can be no doubt that this whole thing as of the devil, who will even use godly men and women to further his cause, if he can. We have to be very watchful and always asking the Holy Spirit to give us discernment in all that we do!

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I had heard of the gold specks that floated around too, as a manifestation of the Spirit.

We used to live nearby the "Pensacola Outpourring" also known as the "Brownsville Revival"(a branch of the "Toronto Blessing") so we went to see what was going on a few times. You would not believe the things that went on in the name of Jesus. I dont know if the gold teeth thing happened there, but they did "birth the Spirit", shoot imaginary arrows at demons, shake like epileptics, and even more. In our SBC association of about 75 chuches, a third of them had splits directly resulting from the doctrines that were taught at the "revival". Ours was one of them. Some of the people in our church wanted to start allowing "manifestations" to take place, and they DID. I felt so bad for the pastor. It split the church up really bad.

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Nuff said!

Don't judge, just inspect the fruit! :D