1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alice Cooper Interview - Interesting Quote

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by JonathanDT, Apr 25, 2003.

1. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Just a couple segments from an apparently very extensive interview. Here are the links:
    http://www.hmmagazine.com/oe/archives/000148.php
    http://www.hmmagazine.com/oe/archives/000149.php

I thought the last answer was particularly interesting:

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

"Well, it does make a point. I think that people . . . now that people know I am Christian and now that people know that I am a dad and a father, the Alice character is a character that I play. The same way that if I were playing Dracula or if I was playing The Joker, or if I was playing Ming The Merciless or any of these characters... It's a character that I play on stage, and when I leave the stage, he stays there. I go home and, you know, take the kids to the basketball game and take my little girl to ballet class. I always tell people, 'I'm Fred McMurray offstage and Bela Ligosi onstage.'"

3. Multimom

Multimom New Member

I love seeing a Rock and Roll Relic speak out for what was roumored all along.

If I'm not mistaken Alice Cooper (Fred McMurry) is the son of a Baptist Minister.

4. Pete

Pete New Member

"Alice Cooper" is Vincent Furnier, not Fred McMurray. I didn't get the reference, so did a web search and think this would be the one he meant: LINK

I just read through the lyrics of a few of his newer songs on www, some of them are a vast improvement over his old stuff. I pray some will start thinking when they hear them.

Pete

5. Smaug067

Smaug067 New Member

I believe he is referring to Fred MacMurray who was the father on "My Three Sons", implying that this is the 'character' he emulates in his private family life.

In Christ,
    Smaug