1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All Baptists Are Republicans!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Carolyn Dee, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Blazin4Christ

Blazin4Christ New Member

well its tru tho, ive noticed how almost all Baptists are Republican, for instance my pastor emailed this image around http://www.funnies.com/hillary.htm (just a joke page, it is not recomended to explore the page as some mature jokes are in it)
    My whole church has nothing against Democrats, just what they believe

2. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

And so long as we Christians expect those men to be superhumans, instead of normal humans, this will always be the case. </font>[/QUOTE]I see nothing superhuman about reading the Constitution, and following it when you do your job. I see nothing superhuman about taking time in a weekly speech to plead the case of the unborn about to be killed. Why should we not expect an elected public servant to simply do the right thing a large percentage of the time?

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

One could make the same case about slavery 150 years ago, and it was allowed to continue. I don't paint a broad brush on non-antiabortionists in this era any more than I do on non-abolitionists of that era.

4. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

are you comparing slavery with abortion?

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

As institutionalized in the US, yes, I am, somewhat.