1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All Star Games

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Feb 20, 2005.

?
  1. NBA All Star Game

77.8%
  2. MLB All Star Game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. NFL Pro Bowl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. NHL All Star Game

22.2%
  5. Other All Star Game (explain in post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I just finished watching the NBA All-star game and was actually surprised that it was a better game than I expected. Just curious if any of the rest of you watch any of the major sports all star games...

2. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

MLS All-Star Game [​IMG]

3. PastorSBC1303

Opps did I leave off soccer [​IMG]

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The only All-Star event I watch is the Nascar All-Star race, called The Winston every year from its inception until last year. The only thing that makes it different from every other Cup race is that it's only for money, and things tend to get pretty wild during the race.

5. PastorSBC1303

cc, I completely forgot about that one. That is a great event, thanks for mentioning it. And yes things usually do get pretty wild in that event.

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't blame any all-star who's injured for not playing, especially baseball or basketball players who have half their season left after the all-star break. I side with Owens, Moss, & a few others who didn't play in the NFL AS game due to injury.

Owens is to be commended for playing in the Super Bowl despite his injury. He was risking the rest of his career...but the SB is the game EVERY American football player aspires to play in, from childhood.

I have never given a hoot for the fairly long exhibition seasons for either baseball or football. How many players have been lost for the entire regular season from an exhibition game injury?

7. zermatt

zermatt New Member

i used to watch the nba every year but the nba has lost interest for me. the nba just seems full of attitude, streetball, and money. for me there's no comparison to college bball. not being a baseball or hockey fan i don't really watch all-star games.