1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Am I in sin?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But I have to wonder earth, Wind, and Fire, if shipping alcohol is a bad thing or a neutral thing. Its a debatable and controversial subject. I feel BAD about about doing it, but I wonder if its the legalism and pharisee in me that is creating this guilt. I can't find evidence in the Bible to say that all alcohol is bad. I read Ecc 9:7 and other verses and may believe that some alcohol is okay. Anti Alcohol types always point to the abuses and misuses of it, but always ignore those that can drink without getting drunk.

2. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is close minded and impossible to reason with on this issue, so I won't try anymore. We will agree to disagree on this one. However the problem I have is that he requires one to agree with him to be a member of the church and is copying the Bob Jones legalistic pattern of trying to play the Holy Spirit.

I agree with what you said but the pastor and many others always fixate on abuses of alcohol and can never get their mind off the abuses and are very close minded to any evidence. I was chatting with one person and no mater how much science or medical research, or Bible verses I gave, it was spit on, so I was wasting me time.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like sugar and I believe that beer is meant to get people drunk. Mikes lemonade is like a soda.

4. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Holy crap... beer is meant to get people drunk???!!!???!!! Then why don't they raise the alcohol content past 5%?

I've heard some doosies on this board but that one...

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He took the king wine? What chapter and verse? Also those that do not agree with you will claim the wine in that day was not the same as the wine of today.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lots of people drink beer, beat their wives, run over people, and do all kinds of evil. Its beer that is the problem, not Mikes lemonade.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Get a job with Barnum and Bailey's Circus circumsizing elephants. The pay is bad but the tips are big.

8. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    MHL is alcoholic. Drunkenness can occur by abusing any substance such as MHL, wine, beer, Dr. Tichner's, mouthwash, cough syrup or anything containing ethyl alcohol.

MHL is not a soda. It's carbonated, but it has the same alcohol content as a beer.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I guess I am really out of the loop. I have never heard of Mike's lemonaide, and my name is Mike. Does it sell right by the beer in grocery stores?

10. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know. I'm a tee-totaler! LOL! :flower:

Truth is - I can't handle my liquor. Too many times with my head in the toilet as a college student. :BangHead: So, I abstain and refrain.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nehemiah 2:1

I've already run into that; but look at Genesis 9:21; how much grape juice ("new wine") would Noah have to drink to become drunk?

12. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Nehemiah 2:1 And it came to pass in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, that wine was before him: and I took up the wine, and gave it unto the king. Now I had not been beforetime sad in his presence.

Actually, Nehemiah did not take the king his wine. The wine was already before the king. Nehemiah just picked it up and handed it to him.

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is false. The version of MHL that I have drunk is only 2.5% alcohol. Most beer is 6% expect those shipping to Utah.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent point.

15. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    I really shouldn't read things you post while drinking coffee.

16. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

Well, you didn't say you were drinking a "version" of it. The actual Mike's Hard Lemonade has a 5% alcohol content and the Mike's Harder Lemonade has an 8% content.

But let's just go with your numbers. Alcoholic content is alcoholic content. Buzzed is buzzed and drunk is drunk. Drink 4 MHL or 2 beers. Down a half of bottle of Dr. Tichner's.

Adding carbonation, sweetener, and calling it lemonade doesn't make it less of a problem for those who have a propensity for abusing alcohol. Someone like me would not stop at 1 or 2.

Saying that beer is evil and MHL is "just a soda" is just not accurate.

17. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You have a very subjective set of morals about alcohol.

If beer is meant to get people drunk, how is your job any different (other than the legality of it) than a drug-runner?

Also, if your hard lemonade is like soda, why not just drink soda or normal lemonade? Could it be for the buzz?

18. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Uh-oh...Mike's Hard Lemonade is meant to get people drunk.

19. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Seriously, MHL can get you drunk...AND you can drink a certain amount of real bear and not get drunk. So one could actually sin in drinking too much MHL, and another person drink Guiness and not be sinning...depending on the amount.

20. 12strings

12strings Active Member

It sounds like you may want to seriously consider not joining this church, if you feel they are taking so many unbiblical stances on so many issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.