1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

America’s Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Mar 13, 2012.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What do you think of the article

When one observes President Obama’s unwillingness to accommodate America’s four-century long religious conscience protection through his attempts to require Catholics to go against their own doctrines and beliefs, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Catholic. But that characterization would not be correct. Although he has recently singled out Catholics, he has equally targeted traditional Protestant beliefs over the past four years. So since he has attacked Catholics and Protestants, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Christian. But that, too, would be inaccurate. He has been equally disrespectful in his appalling treatment of religious Jews in general and Israel in particular. So perhaps the most accurate description of his antipathy toward Catholics, Protestants, religious Jews, and the Jewish nation would be to characterize him as anti-Biblical. And then when his hostility toward Biblical people of faith is contrasted with his preferential treatment of Muslims and Muslim nations, it further strengthens the accuracy of the anti-Biblical descriptor. In fact, there have been numerous clearly documented times when his pro-Islam positions have been the cause of his anti-Biblical actions.

The rest of the story is at http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=106938

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Basically I agree with the article. It seems like the Lord is casting judgement on our nation by the choices that seem likely for President this year. I am not going to waste time discussing whether Islam or Mormonism is the greater threat, because neither is good news for the local New Testement church. Aside from the religious background of these two, both are totally devoid of any sense of morality. Neither is getting my support. Anyway, to answer the op, I do think this President is the most hostile to our faith in history to date.