1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured American 'Christianity' Has Failed

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 29, 2017.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Suppose at some time in the not so distant past president Trump was born again.

So now you are telling us that you have infallible information from God that he was not?

Since you are such a good judge of who is a Christian and who is not, how many of the other presidents were Christians by whatever mind and heart reading ability or perhaps direct communication with the Lord that you might have.

HankD

#41 HankD, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess hn presient Obama was elected, God di that, but wit Trump, Satan did, per him?

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Translation ?
    "Guess when president Obama was elected, God did that, but with Trump, Satan did, per him?"

HankD

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just intepreted my tongue!

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    what is a " lers"

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Leader

7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you see anything in his past life that indicates that he is born-again, that he gave his life to Christ and that he follows Him? Do you see anything in his family life, his past marriages that indicate he is born ag ain? Do you see any witness in his life that he is a believer?

Would you want him as a role model for your children and or grandchildren in how they are to conduct their lives?

You may hate Obama, but you should at least give him credit for having a good family life.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL!

HankD

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all - man looks on the outward appearance, God looks upon the heart.

Being in several different Christian ministries, at times I have had to discern per the measures that you correctly give but Trump may be a babe in Christ at this point in time, he claims to be a Christian. You cannot know, I cannot know with certainty.

Second, I do not hate Obama. I do strongly disagree with many of his policies but just so you know he was constantly in my heart and in my prayers.

If you scan through the posts ("hankd", "obama") you will see that on more than one occasion I praised him for his model as a family man.

Third, also on more than one occasion FWIW, I have said that I am not a Republican, I am a small "i" independent. If it weren't for the official DNC platform stance on abortion I would be a proud Blue Dog JFK Democrat (which I was for years). My wife claims I am still "WAY TO LIBERAL" (shouting)!

HankD

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You could have beem a southern Democrat, as under Reagon, that were social conservatives, but Dem party pretty much so left Obama is now a conservative to them!

11. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hank, my friend, what in his life makes you think that he is even a babe in Christ? I see no repentance in the man. He never accepts responsibility for anything that he has done that is wrong.

I do think he has a great need to be liked or loved. From what I see in his demeanor and actions he is incapble of giving others the type of love he desires for himself. And yes, I do think Trump has mental problems and that being president and receiving huge amounts of criticism will be bad for his mental health. I almost never agree with Howard Stern, but on this point I do agree with him.

From: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/02/04/howard-stern-says-trump-wants-to-be-loved.html

Howard Stern, the famous radio show host, said Wednesday that he wished his longtime friend, President Trump, did not run for president because he is concerned about his mental health because “he just wants to be liked.”

“I personally wish that he had never run. I told him that,” Stern, 63, said. “Because I actually think this is something that is going to be very detrimental to his mental health, too. Because he wants to be liked, he wants to be loved, he wants people to cheer for him. I don’t think this is going to be a healthy experience for him.”

Stern went on to say that he believed Trump announced his plans to run to increase his money demands from NBC over “The Apprentice.”

“It’s a very difficult job,” the radio personality said, according to US Magazine. “And Donald Trump, he really does want to be loved. … and that drives him a lot. I think that he has a very sensitive ego, and when you’re president, people are going to be very, very critical. … I do think he’s sincere in wanting to help out and I think he’s sincere when he says he has the answers, but he stepped into a situation that’s really not a win for him.”

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree Crabby - on both parts

I do not believe that Trump is born again - however he has surrounded himself with some solid Christians. Lets pray that their influence on him will bring him to the Lord.

And yes - Obama did have a good family life.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    P
    President obama claimed to know Jesus, but his agenda and policies were most anti christian we probaly have ever had!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This has always intrigued me. Modern Christians seem to care more about a politician's demeanor than his actual policies. As Max Lucado said during the election, "Policy aside, shouldn’t we all demand that our president at least be decent?" Lucado never spoke out against Bill, Hillary or Obama, yet went out of his way to condemn Trump. Seems he got it totally backwards. Thankfully, very few Christians listened to him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is bettr, apresident not clamng to be a Christian, and seems to agree much nore on biblica agenda, or one claimng Jesus, yet seems totally against His ways?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the pivotal question is what Master do you serve? Christ said "No man can serve two masters." Many professing Christians judge other people by their political views. Did Jesus ever do that or instruct us to do that? No, He judged men by their heart and stated that true born-again Christians will demonstrate their faith through demonstrating their love for their neighbor and even their enemies. This is not the way of the world. Paul said:

1Co 1:18
    For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Should America be governed by the Bible? No. Do we want a theocracy here as they have in Iran? No. America is a free country and the First Amendment give EVERYONE the right to worship god as they define him or to believe that he does not exist. I do believe that Christians should stand up for their beliefs and principles. They should try to get them enacted into law not by edict or discrimination but through the democratic process.

In the end, though the question is who do you serve. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord not Caesar.

17. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. As Jesus taught us:

[Mat 7:15 KJV] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

[Mat 7:16 KJV] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

[Mat 7:17 KJV] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

[Mat 7:18 KJV] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

[Mat 7:19 KJV] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

[Mat 7:20 KJV] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President trunp has not claimed tha he is saved, as Obam did, and did the views of Obama line up with Jesus and scriptures?

19. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://tinyurl.com/zomo8tq

I quote,
    'I am a Christian ... I'm a total believer,' he said. 'I believe in the Bible. I believe in God'

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BORN AGAIN? Donald Trump, shown Sept. 19 in Iowa, spoke about evangelical Christians in a TV interview, saying he's 'one of them, in a true sense'

Trump with Bible.jpg