1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Americans Oppose Obama's First Two Executive Orders

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Obama has garnered widespread support for his early actions in office, but Americans strongly oppose the commander-in-chief's first two executive orders -- allowing federal funding for overseas abortions and closing Guantanamo -- according to a Gallup poll released Tuesday.

More Here

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Americans don't know very much about the ultra-secret Guantanamo Prison. How could they? I wonder what they based their opposition on. Maybe if they knew someone imprisoned there without being charged and without access to an attorney this poll would turn out differently.

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Ha, ha, ha! Some Americans - like Obama and friends, for example - don't know very much about what goes on period!

The people base their opposition to Obama's executive order because it was a stupid political move without any rational basis. It was designed to be a flashy move to create the impression that the problem is now solved. In reality it just created a big problem. Now the prosecutions have stopped. Uncertainty has descended upon everyone involved. Warriors are left wondering what's the point in capturing this type enemy. People are now confused between civil law and the laws of war, between lawful and unlawful combatants, between torture and lawful sanctions, between rights and privliges, and ultimately between liberty and justice. And the biggest challenge is now to find a willing caretaker for these friendly prisoners we've been keeping in Gitmo. I recommend Washington, DC, split them all equally between the White House, the Capitol, and the Court House.

For the time the fools rule.

#3 Dragoon68, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
  4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BOLDED MINE

JC, you really should consider the "logic" of your statements before putting them out for all to read!

(1) How could you?
    (2) I wonder what you based your support on?
    (3) Maybe if you knew someone who had been killed by (one of these) terrorists ----!

Oh, by the way - if it's so "ultra secret", how did you learn so much about it?????

Please JC, try to think a little more rational, and turn loose of the BDS.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Then why move them. Why doesn't Obama just see that they are being charged and access to an attorney if that is the real problem?

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

These people are terrorists. Enough said.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

7. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me it doesn't matter what the gallop poll says. Polls can be misleading if they are done improperly. In any case, I have problems with Obama's executive orders:

Here's what I say (or ask):
    1. Why would he want to fund abortions overseas? Abortion is wrong no matter what. How could even remotely benefit us?

2. When the Guantanamo prison is closed, where are these terrorists going to housed at? I certainly hope that they are not going to be housed on U.S. soil or at the very least not in a civilian prison.