1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

an Island and a bible

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by mman, Apr 27, 2006.

1. mman

mman New Member

They've had help......to misunderstand! They print information to help others misunderstand.

That's my whole point. Who would come up with thier doctrine by simply studying God's word.

Example: You would not come up with the idea that Christ was coming back to the earth and reign for 1000 years by studying the bible on your own, with no outside influences. This whole notion is based on an obscure passage from the highly figurative book of Revelation (20:4-6), that everyone wants to take literally (but only part of it literally, the rest must be figurative, else unless you were beheaded you have no chance in reigning with Christ....). Don't tell me if we all studied seperately we would all come up with this outlandish notion that is contrary to easy to understand passages about the resurrection and the "last" day.

2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Don't agree; these cults all started somewhere with one guy and his Bible, reading it outwith the instruction of others, and reaching - fairly inevitably - the wrong doctrinal conclusions.

3. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Really? It doesn't take all that long to say "Because Jesus paid the price for your sins on the cross you no longer face condemnation." See, I managed to do it in less than five seconds. </font>[/QUOTE]Well stupid me!! I should have said the WHOLE bible. All the word!!

And you are wrong about cults too.

They start because somebody sees the wrong thing, and gets messed up because they have not studied enough to know right from wrong.

Selah.

Tam

4. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Somebody to preach it.

Romans 10:14 But how are they to call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?

5. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Because so many things in the Bible can be confusing, and, Peter even warned about the unstable getting things wrong (especially Paul's writings), we DO need the rest of the Church to help us understand the Bible. But the mistake people who have been affirming this here make is trying to identify one particular organization as "the Church", and trying to subject everyone, as well as the Bible, to its traditions no matter what they are, instead of subjecting that particular body to the conviction of the entire Church, (weighing all the different internretations, etc) and realizing that even the big, older bodies could were fallible and in need of correction.

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

You know, this is getting kind of dumb. Everybody keeps calling every other church a Cult and then everybody keeps saying everyone else is using propaganda.

The whole thing just seems a little immature to me, like some of you think if you jst say that enough times it makes it so.

like the war of the cults or something... everybody slinging the cult word around to anyone you disagree with.

Its dumb, why dont all of you just plain show where a denominations teachings are unbiblical and leave it at that?

Claudia

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Bereans are a classic example of the "sola scriptura" method used EVEN by non-Christians to JUDGE the words of an Apostle! Reading God's Word to "SEE IF Those things spoken to them by Paul -- were so".

This is the VERY thing that those who deny sola-scriptura claim is "not Possible"!!!

How "instructive" for the objective reader.