1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An online Baptist hangout place

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by jprieto, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jprieto

jprieto New Member

spam/free (and not to subtle) advertising.

Please see the webmaster if you'd like to purchase advertising for your site.

Thread closed.

#1 jprieto, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2008
  2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

[quotation/link snipped]

This is your one and only post.

You come to an online Baptist hangout place to tell about an online Baptist hangout place. :rolleyes:

Does that about sum it up??

Mods??

Ed

#2 EdSutton, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2008
  3. jprieto

jprieto New Member

No, is not like that.

So sorry you fee that way.

This is a forum, the other place I mentioned is more for media sharing, blogs, etc. And in no way is meant to compete or replace the purpose of this forum.

But let me get this right......

Being a christian, was there no other KINDER and FRIENDLIER way to express your concern. Because non believers are reading this, and your reply do not seem to be in line to how Christ would want you to represent him.

Good going.

Next, did it bothered you that there is ANOTHER place online to further the gospel of Jesus Christ? Are we to spread out, or just stick to this forum?

That site has MANY features not found on this site, it is a place to socialize, whereas here is more of a discussion place -- thus why it is called a FORUM.

I was warned that once I start promoting it, the problems I would run into would not come from the secular world, but rather from my own people -- the christians.

How sad.

Well, I'm looking forward to standing next to you on judgement day and hear you explain to God why you think I was doing a bad thing.

Was I wrong to expect kindness, understanding, rather than ridicule from a fellow believer? Would kind words in your reply be against what your pastor teach you?

Got to go.... I must figure out WHY you are not happy that I created such a feature-rich site to promote the baptist faith. Very confusing to me right now.

How sad.

But we love you anyway, your lack of love towards us will not prevent us from loving you. And yes, I would now think twice about sending people to this forum, it is too hostile for my peaceful nature.

Onward!!

ps: you may attack again, if that is in your heart.

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I do understand Ed's concern, and i do hope you continue to join us here in this little corner of the web; and i do hope your 2nd post and additional posts will ease Ed's concern also.
    But think about it, one single post promoting a website could seem an awful lot like spam; may not have been, but could look that way.

I'll be checking out your site, i may not join since i'm already knee deep here, and on a couple of other social networks...or i might; not sure.
    Thanks for letting us know about it and welcome to Baptist Board!

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If your post is any reflection on your site, I feel very sorry for any who may venture there.

We expect, even demand ethics. Perhaps on your site you may have a discussion on that and going to other sites and trying to advertise your rump site.

Ethics, not pseudo-piety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.