1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Andrew Murray

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by A&I, Nov 20, 2006.

1. A&I

A&I New Member

A guy at work gave me one of his books "The Blood of Christ " .I am not familiar with Murray . What's his back ground ? Thank you .....

2. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I am currently reading with Christ in the School of Prayer and find it very good. I believe a careful research will show that Murray is reformed in doctrine though I am not sure if he was a full blown Calvinist. I also believe he had some leanings toward physical healings.

thjplgvp

3. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I found this site after my first response.

Andrew Murray (1828-1917) - moderately Reformed evangelical who briefly entertained Pentecostal views of healing but later repudiated them. His writings are primarily devotional and, while convicting, have a broad appeal among all conservative Christians. Titles: Abide in Christ; Absolute Surrender; Experiencing the Holy Spirit; Divine Healing; Holiest of All; Humility; The Ministry of Intercession; The Power of the Blood of Jesus; The Practice of God's Presence; Raising Your Children for Christ; Waiting on God; With Christ in the School of Prayer. Not to be confused with TV Bible teacher a href="etc.html#murray">Arnold Murray or theologian John Murray.

http://www.propadeutic.com/faith/authors/recentref.html

thjplgvp

4. Brother Randall

Brother Randall New Member

I just read "Experiencing the Holy Spirit" and liked it a lot. I just ordered "Christ in the School of Prayer" and look forward to it's arrival. Both got good reviews on Amazon.