1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ann Coulter Revisited....

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Baptist in Richmond, Nov 19, 2004.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

People don't care about traditional American governance Pa Jim. They want to believe that Bush is a conservative no matter how much evidence you or I or anyone else shows them.

The population we have in America today has been well trained to "think" with their "feelings" and trust the government to do what's best for them.

Lots of things happening on the hill today that will shape our future and promote the "Sovietization" of America.
    Read my posts of today. It's down to the wire now. :eek:

2. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Unfortunately you are correct, Poncho.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Fortunately I have an excuse...I'm a kookie conspiracy theorist. :rolleyes:

4. BillyG

BillyG New Member

Pa Jim we are probably not that far apart politcally, and I do wish we could return to what our founding fathers wished for, but we are too far removed to ever go back. Now we need to work within the system of the day, to provide a better future for our families. The CP is not a major player nor will they ever be, the best they can hope for is the role of spoiler. The republican party and platform offer conservative Christians to BEST options for our interest.

Have a blessed day.

Billy

5. Pennsylvania Jim

Billy,

The problem is that the other side doesn't work that way. They come up with a radical agenda and work until they get it. If we simply play by their rules, they will continue to push without end. "The system" is still the Constitution, and we need to insist that it be followed. The law is on our side, we just need to stop crying and allowing ourselves to be pushed around, politically.

We (conservative evangelicals) are, potentially, the most powerful political force in America. But we waste our power in supporting politicians who do not advance our agenda, instead of demanding ones that do.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Amen Pa Jim!

7. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Maybe. However his behavior calls his claim of being Christian very much into question.</font>[/QUOTE]This is a very perplexing quote. Are you saying that some of us aren't in the very same boat? Perhaps all of us should strive to sound more like the publican........ </font>[/QUOTE]No. I am saying that Bill Clinton has a character and judgments that are not indicative of a Christian.

The most telling statement I can think of to cast a shadow of doubt is "because I could". Does that sound like the testimony of someone living in righteous, reverent fear of God?

From abortion to embracing the gay agenda to lying to numerous sexual affairs to potential rape to financial irregularities to even the attacks on Starr for exposing his lies... Bill Clinton is a man with that consistently reveals things about himself that are contrary to being a spirit-filled Christian. Things like "I didn't inhale" just don't ring of genuine repentance.

Perhaps one of you has it but I have never seen his testimony nor an indication that he sought guidance for his every day decisions from the Bible and prayer. Bush gets knocked for it but biblically every believer should do this no matter what their vocational calling is. The press is in horror that he might actually be depending on values drawn from the Bible to make decisions... we can only hope.

Biblical Christianity is not simply a private matter. In fact, it is supposed to be very public and glorifying to God.

A Vanity Fair article indicates that Clinton's book is some kind of DIY psychoanalysis. As far as I know, little if any of Clinton's book is devoted to God or his relationship with Christ. It appears to be over 900 pages of Bill Clinton talking about his favorite subject.

I could be wrong. I would be interested in any event or statement or action that would serve as a clear testimony that Clinton is a genuine Christian. </font>[/QUOTE]Thanks for reinforcing my point so eloquently.
    The last time I checked, God is the Final Authority on who is or is not truly "born again." As I said, perhaps we should all strive to sound more like the publican.........

8. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Clinton's moral failures weren't isolated nor characterized by a decline in frequency as he grew closer to God. His failures were frequent and persistent. The only interruptions we know of occurred when he was threatened with exposure and political damage.

Maybe you can link me to a site where Clinton discusses how he accepted Christ and how that event changed his life?

9. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I explained my view before but maybe you missed it.

I share many (not all) of the CP positions. However, I do not believe there is a chance that the country is going to suddenly go from being as liberal as it is back to our founding ideals or a modern representation of the same principles. It took at least 120 years of progressive liberalism/statism to arrive where we are today. You have to slow a ship down before you can reverse its course.

Bush and the Republicans aren't what they were 10 years ago. I wish they were. However, their election does change the conversation and debate to one libertarian-conservatives can participate and win. Bush's "ownership society" provides a forum to debate how we reduce and eventually eliminate government dependency by the people. If Kerry had been elected, this would not have been on the agenda. Rather, we would be discussing what kind of socialized medicine the country would adopt (not if but when and what).

Liberals have also developed a disdain for the internet and talk radio. You can be sure that Kerry would have used the power of the executive branch to suppress those forums. Couldn't happen? Ask the folks who tried to rent a theater and run "Stolen Honor" in PA.

I am not one of them. My understanding is that Bush wants to reverse liberalism by using programs to wean people off of their dependency. I hope I am right and that he is successful. If not, the country will either continue its shallow decline or come crashing down.

10. Pennsylvania Jim

In Bush's first four years he showed himself to be a big-government liberal. Why would the next four be different?

As to the election, the main effect on the political landscape is that it confirmed the party bosses' belief that they can get the evangelical vote even when they govern in opposition to their wishes. That, my friend, may have been the end of conservatism, and our great republic.

11. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Why bother?
    You have already made abundantly clear that you do not believe President Clinton was/is a Christian.

12. Pennsylvania Jim

Nobody's perfect.

13. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why bother?
    You have already made abundantly clear that you do not believe President Clinton was/is a Christian.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I have made it abundantly clear that neither he nor you have provided any evidence of a spiritual rebirth in Christ characterized by growth, testimony, and sanctification.

I would love to believe that Clinton is saved. Just like I love to believe that Bush is saved. The difference lies in the testimonies of the men and their associates as well as their personal moral choices (without regard to policy at this point) as their lives developed.

14. corinne

corinne New Member

Actually Bill Clinton is a Southern Baptist who takes his faith very seriously.

"I don't think I could do my job as President," Clinton said, "much less continue to try to grow as a person in the absence of my faith in God and my attempt to learn more about what it should be and grow. It provides a solace and support in the face of all these problems that I am not smart enough to solve."
    (ABC Interview by Peggy Wehmeyer, "American Agenda", March 22, 1994.)
    ========
    Daniel Vestel of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship recently described Clinton as "obviously a person of faith and a committed Christian." Ed Dobson, pastor of Calvary Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan, told Christianity Today in 1994 that Clinton is "more deeply spiritual than any president we've had in recent years."

After a meeting with the president at the White House in 1993, Jack Hayford, pastor of a Foursquare Pentecostal church and popular writer and speaker, said that he knows Clinton is a brother in Christ. After the same meeting, Roberta Hestenes, then president of Eastern College, said, "I'm absolutely convinced of his deep and sincere faith." James Dunn, then executive director of the Baptist Joint Committee on Public Affairs, told the Washington Post in 1994 that Clinton "has an intensely personal faith" and "has a Christian baseline from which he operates."

Bill Hybels, pastor of Willow Creek Community Church and church growth guru, faced Clinton on inauguration day in January 1997 and praised "the wisdom and the leadership and the vision in your life the past four years" and lauded "the development of your heart, your increasing desire to know God, and to live for him." Pastor Hybels gushed in his praise of Clinton's "increasing desire to know God and to live for him" and said he has seen him grow spiritually in the monthly private meetings they have held for four years (3/3 World).

Source: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/church_leaders_praise_bill_clinton.htm

Corinne

15. Pennsylvania Jim

Clinton makes vague statements without clear-cut testimony, and Bush thinks that Islam and Christianity are simply alternate paths to God...and celebrates Ramadan.

And, both are liberal leftist Presidents. Bush is worse than Clinton, fiscally, and neither has done anything to outlaw abortion.

16. BillyG

BillyG New Member

"I don't think I could do my job as President," Clinton said, "much less continue to try to grow as a person in the absence of my faith in God and my attempt to learn more about what it should be and grow. It provides a solace and support in the face of all these problems that I am not smart enough to solve."
    ========
    Daniel Vestel of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship recently described Clinton as "obviously a person of faith and a committed Christian." Ed Dobson, pastor of Calvary Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan, told Christianity Today in 1994 that Clinton is "more deeply spiritual than any president we've had in recent years."

After a meeting with the president at the White House in 1993, Jack Hayford, pastor of a Foursquare Pentecostal church and popular writer and speaker, said that he knows Clinton is a brother in Christ. After the same meeting, Roberta Hestenes, then president of Eastern College, said, "I'm absolutely convinced of his deep and sincere faith." James Dunn, then executive director of the Baptist Joint Committee on Public Affairs, told the Washington Post in 1994 that Clinton "has an intensely personal faith" and "has a Christian baseline from which he operates."

Bill Hybels, pastor of Willow Creek Community Church and church growth guru, faced Clinton on inauguration day in January 1997 and praised "the wisdom and the leadership and the vision in your life the past four years" and lauded "the development of your heart, your increasing desire to know God, and to live for him." Pastor Hybels gushed in his praise of Clinton's "increasing desire to know God and to live for him" and said he has seen him grow spiritually in the monthly private meetings they have held for four years (3/3 World).

Corinne
    </font>[/QUOTE]

17. BillyG

BillyG New Member

========

Corinne
    </font>[/QUOTE]PUKE, PUKE, PUKE, PUKE.

I guess Hitler was a great Christian also.

BTW: His own SBC Pastor would not vote for him.
    Clinton was the most amoral president ever.

Billy [​IMG]

18. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Back to Ann Coulter.

For those of you who have read the book Treason.

Chapter 2.

I learned much about the Alger Hiss spy ring that I had not known before. Fascinating stuff.

I'm still plodding through it.

Anyone able to refute Coulter on this?

19. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

As you probably know, Hiss was not discovered by McCarthy. That was a complete fabrication. I was not aware that Coulter used it.

What claims does she make about it?

20. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

The information that Coulter shares about Hiss is not connected to McCarthy in the book. I'm sorry that I did not make that clear.

Was that what you were saying was a complete fabrication?