another question about powerpoint

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by JoeKan, Feb 27, 2010.

1. JoeKan

JoeKan
    Expand Collapse

Okay, when I cut and paste pictures/backgrounds from shareward powepoint web sites, it paste onto my powerpoint a very small picture. I then, enlarge it by dragging the corners and sides so that it will fit my page. When I do that, it becomes very blurry. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Any other helpful hints will be greatly appreciated as well.Thanks and have a great preaching day tomorrow!Preach the Word!Joe

2. mcdirector

mcdirector
    Expand Collapse

You need to start with larger pictures. Anytime you enlarge a picture, it will always become grainy. You can make them smaller, but not larger.

I just visited a few sites (in a search for "free graphics") and the pictures for download were pretty large, so I'm not sure why they are saving so small for you . . .

Maybe if you listed the site you got the pix from, we could discover something that will help.

3. JoeKan

JoeKan
    Expand Collapse

I got on flickr.com and I also googled christian backgroudn powerpoint and got page after page. They were all very small for me.
    Thanks for wanting to help,
    Joe

4. mcdirector

mcdirector
    Expand Collapse

I found this one on flickr.

The picture on the page is small. If I copy that picture, it won't enlarge nicely because it's a thumbnail. BUT if I click on the link underneath the picture I get a screen that looks like this under another copy of the picture (I removed the picture because it probably violates BB picture posting rules):

That info beside resolutions is what you want - one of those will work for a powerpoint background.

Does that help?

5. JoeKan

JoeKan
    Expand Collapse

You the Man!! Thank you Thank you! I've been fighting this for months. I appreciate so much your help--you're going to be a blessing to church in Kansas tomorrow.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector
    Expand Collapse

haha good!

Post again if you need any more help!

7. annsni

annsni
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Yep - Definitely need to get to the actual picture to copy. I'll copy the thumbnails when I need one for my church website but otherwise, if I'm going to use it for the screen at church, I get the large version of it.

If you do your church graphics for stuff, join www.churchmedia.net. I think we paid $75 for 3 years and it's an amazing site. GREAT graphics from others who create their own, and there's an active forum for ideas, advice and stuff. They also got us ProPresenter for $100 less than list price so that paid for us joining the site! :) Check it out. I think they have some free graphics you can get too.