1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any Body every struggle with a tough choice ?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Dallasdid, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Dallasdid

Dallasdid New Member

OK here is the thing. Well moved from Rhode Island 3 summers ago to alabama. Well, been in RI for majority of my life I mean long time. And just out of middle of no where we move. Did not know what would be of it well come and God moves in awesome ways provided this awesome high school to go to we have a great ministry and have seen over 30 teens come to Christ. And God is still working I habe built relationships and got awesome ministry to be apart of awesome church and now guess what were moving. Been going to this school now 3 yrs on my way to graduation every thing smooth now this and i dont know what to do. I am like blind folded in a maze. And I dont know if i should just get GED are go to the high school they got up there with 2000 going from 500 to 2000 is big jump are should i stay are im lost. Will be praying about it and i know God has a plan but hey lets use this thread talk about some tough choices

2. krmom

krmom New Member

I feel sorry for the stress you are presently under. I know 3 boys, two of whom were my students, who also went through this. They are nice boys but seem to have a difficult time in the beginning adjusting to their new homes. Remember this though, you life here in this world is but a moment in time. Eternity is our home forever. You are here to serve, love and honor your God. You are here to fellowship with your God. What happens in our lives doesn't much matter unless it revolves around God. I always said if the Lord called my husband to be a missionary, I would go even if it meant leaving my children behind. I must follow God's calling. I realize it is different for you, as you do not understand why you are moving. It is hard for a child to understand why their parents do the things they do without any apparent reason. Just know this, God knows and he doesn't let anything happen with purpose. He has a purpose for letting your parents move but again. If it was not so, it would not happen. So my suggestion is just sit back, trust him and see what kind of work he does in your lives. Come to think of it I miss those boys especially the one who used to email me asking me for advice. It was nice being able to share the Word of God with him. Well I will be praying for you.

God Bless [​IMG]

3. krmom

krmom New Member

One more added thought, one of the other brothers I had in my class had a great talent for creating Salvation Web Sites. He kept very busy doing things that served God. You need to keep busy too. Keep serving God. Even when he was PEE WEE in VBT he was serving the Lord. What a great joy that brought to children saved and unsaved. By the way. don't ever put aside your education. We need to love the Lord with our whole hearts and mind. I believe God wants us to be educated if we can be. He wants us to do our best in all things, always with the Holy Spirit leading us.

4. Dallasdid

Dallasdid New Member

thanks for the advice. Mrs.H (ryhmes with mickey ) hey this is john brodeur i was emailed by britney and she asked if i was a brodeur and i had no clue who it was. But any way hope things are going well God bless

5. krmom

krmom New Member

I had a feeling it was you. I could tell, remember I was your teacher. There are certain qualities about your students that you remember. You had many qualities I won't forget. Take all that passion you had back then , give it all to God and do your best. Remember God loves you greatly and he will bless your efforts if done in love for Him. [​IMG]

6. Brett

Brett New Member

I hope this doesn't sound mean-spirited, as I mean this in the most sincere and helpful way possible: if you're going to stay in school for anything, you should take some English classes in order to learn how to write coherent sentences. As it is now, you'll have a great deal of trouble finding jobs with the composition skills you possess right now. I know that a BB post isn't as important as a resume and you probably don't put as much effort into making a presentable post, but if your resume looks anything like your posts, then an employer probably will not consider you.

Again, I hope you read this is a sincere suggestion. Also, I am glad to hear that your ministry has been working out so well. I'm sure that God will guide you in the right direction. God bless. [​IMG]

7. krmom

krmom New Member

:( Well for starters Brett, I don't believe anyone asked you about his spelling. It is not a sin to spell things wrong especially when some people struggle with this issue. Some people have difficulty with learning but you would not know this because you thought you could give constructive criticism to someone you don't even know. Quite honestly you will see as you grow in your relationship with the Lord, you are to lift others not cut them down. You can address their sin if you are involved but as far as judging their ability to write, you need to keep your opinions to your self. You will learn this as you read the word of God. As for the young man you were criticizing, I admire your spirit with regards to your efforts thus far. I am happy you have remained in school despite your difficult situations and I will pray that you have the ability to continue in those efforts. Also I have an idea that might help you with your spelling. (I know him personally, so I feel I know enough about the young man to give him instruction in love). After typing out your post, right click on it, cut it and then go paste it to a Word Document. Run your spell check. After you have completed your spell check, right click on it again, cut it, then paste it into your message. This should clear up most of your errors and at the same time you will learn the correct spelling. Give it a try. ;)

8. Dallasdid

Dallasdid New Member

My spelling lol wow i always find it funny when people start off "and i mean this in brotherly love" you hear those words you know something coming out that will hurt. lol ok any way about my spelling yes i apologize im not as smart as you man i mean if i only could become perfect in spelling man alive would my life go better hey if spelling was a way to heaven im sure you would be there thank you for correcting me i feel better as if my self esteem was not low enough "im a pretty princess im a pretty princess im a pretty princess" ok feel much better now. See when i get down i just tell that to my self in the mirror and i feel a lot better.