1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any comment for Hyles-Anderson College?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by dpogs, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

:rolleyes: Pastor Bob....if you'll follow that link I supplied,Dr.Sumner reprints Hyles rebuttal and then answers it.Just follow the links at the bottom of each page/section.It's all there.

Greg Sr. :(

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

:rolleyes:

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Wrong training! Wrong soul-winning method! Or you will be indoctrinated there.

4. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Greg Sr., I agree with you, but I lost a respect for him.

5. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

It's a dirty rotten shame things turned out to be the way they were.

6. Palmetto Boy

Palmetto Boy New Member

Hyles-Anderson has a reputation for promoting a very controlling pastoral role. Jack Hyles himself could be very manipulative, and many of his followers picked up the trait.

When friends of mine resigned from HAC and moved away they were told they were grave danger of having a tragic accident because Jack Hyles had not "released" them. They literally left in fear. I believe it was the same family that had to have other major decisions--like buying a car--approved by the pastor before they could carry them out. That mindset is a stain on Christianity.

As is always the case, I have known good, humble, faithful men who are graduates of HAC. However, I think think that there are many better options for today's young people.

[ January 13, 2005, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: Palmetto Boy ]

7. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Dave Hyles- Jack's son. His reputation already ruined. Earlier in his life. he commited adultery with more than 19 women. He did divorced first wife. He is now remarried second wife, and living in Tampa, FL.

Recently a year ago, my good old deaf friend who graduated from Hyles-Anderson. He got divorced his first wife. I know them very well, since I first meet them in Rochester, NY while attend National Institute Techincal for the Deaf(NTID). They moved from Rochester to Chicago. He used to lived in Chicago, because he grew up there. First, he attend another baptist church. He was not happy with pastor about deaf ministry. Also, he left that church because of different version(Bible). He attended Hyles-Anderson in 1994, and graduated there in 1999.

I visited First Baptist Church for Hyles' funeral. To be honest with you, I felt COLD spirit around people in the church, as I felt from the Holy Spirit. I was not comfortable there.

While I chatted with deaf people in the auditorium. I stood in the front of the pole(supports the pew deck). I was suddenly bumped in my back as I walk little backward while chatting with deaf persons, I immediately around my face back, and looking at two girl teenagers. I was bumped with them in my back. It was small accident. I tried to telling them, 'Sorry'. But they were PANIC and scare of me, they were imagine of me, that I seems touch their body. Oh come on!!! First Baptist Church practicals on legalism very strictly, girl teengers believe 1 Cor. 7:1 tells that no man touches woman's body. I know 1 Cor. 7:1 very well. I tried to tell them, that I do not mean it, and want to tell them sorry. But, I notice their eyes opened wide and panic scare of me, and they walked away. Very sad! [​IMG]

Later, my old deaf friend's wife asked to ride in her van with her children to her home. I told her, sure. I rode in her van with her children to home. While ride in the van, I asked children, do they like this church? They seems not really excite or happy to answer my question. A boy told me, soft saying, 'Okay.'. When we arrived their home. I finally met my old friend. It was last time for me to see him since 1990. We chatted lot. He told me, he was a evangelist. He told me, when he contracting churches for revivals. He said, Dr. Hyles is his boss. He told him, he cannot go any churches without KJV. He required to any churches with KJV only for the revival meetings. Also, he have to ask his pastor(Hyles)' authority to approve what church he will attend for the revival meeting.

In my mind, I strongly disagree with Dr. Hyles. That was silly, and He does not have enough churches to support him, and his family, because of KJV Onlyism.

He told me, he have to work full-time job work at the factory in Chicago to support his family, while he is part-time evangelist under First Baptist Church.

I feel sorry for him, and his family. He seems very stress on his life with the finanical to support his 4 children and wife.

Last year, my deaf friend from Washington D.C. told me by Instant Message(IM). That man got divorced. I was shocked. But, I know why, he got divoriced. Because of First Baptist Church destroyed his family, and his finanical. He was in heavy stress with job, ministry, family. Too much for him.

Dr. Hyles & Dr. Schapp both have no right to have authority or control over my old friend's life and his evangelist work, and his family.

I really disappoint with both Late Dr. Hyles & Dr. Schapp spoiled my friend's family.

I remember back in late 1960's. Dr. Hyles told Dr. John Clark(deaf evangelist), go and preach. That time, he was a student at that college and doing ministry. He was very stress focus his family, ministry, study class. He admitted told me, he failed many classes while focus his family, job, and ministry too much. So, Dr. Hyles called him into the office, and told him, "Go and Preach." Dr. Clark was let go from the college and church. He traveled many churches in U.S. he was NOT under Dr. Hyles' authority in that period. He was indpendence as evanmgelist.

My friend was not being independence as evangelist. He have to obey under Dr. Hyles' authority during late 1990's to 2001. Caused his family destroyed because of lack support his family with finanical problems.

Also, he cannot travel to ANY churches which not use KJV. He have to ask his boss for approval, what church to attend for revival meeting. His boss required him to attend church revival meeting with KJV only.

Dr. Hyles & Dr. Ruckman both actually destroyed many churches because of KJV Onlyism.

Rev. Ronnie Rice - deaf evangelist, graduated from Tenneesee Temple University, and he was adopted by Late Dr. Bill Rice. He is now being independence, under NO board or organization. He received supports from churches by his independence. He attend few different religion churches, and he don't mind to preaching any church use different verions. Long as he continued to serve the Lord. He really have lot of blessings from the Lord for many years.

I feel sorry for my deaf friend got divorced because of First Baptist Church.

I disagree with that church & college because of KJV Onlyism.

My deaf friend should be better being independence as evangelist, can travel to ANY baptist churches with KJV or any versions, long as he preach the GOSPEL to deaf people to become saved.

I believe Hyles-Anderson caused my couples who graduated from that college into divorced.

Also, I disagree with that college's public(rule), that college require all students to get married from SAME college. Also, any one who graduated from that college, to become missionary, they must be require to be under First Baptist Church as missionary board. I strongly disagree with that church.

Dr. Reggie Rempel(deaf president of Deaf Harvest Baptist College-former B.I.M.I. Deaf College) told me, years ago, couples were graduated from Hyles-Anderson. They became candidate under Baptist International Missionary Inc. (B.I.M.I.) as missionary. But, somehow, Dr. Hyles forced them to resign as candidate under B.I.M.I. , transfer to missionary under First Baptist Church. Dr. Don Sisk, former President of B.I.M.I. was very upset with Dr. Hyles. He called Dr. Hyles, and rebuked him for pulled couples out of B.I.M.I. is not right. That is against God's Will.

I strong disagree with Dr. Hyles' philosophy, and too much authority control over people who graduated from HAC, still slave under him, caused them divorced.

That why my deaf friend got divorced last year because of First Baptist Church.

My highly recommend you, NOT attend that college.

Also, I suggest, you better visit colleges in America, or in your home country(Philippines) to find college, whatsoever God lead you, find the door open for you, then go for it. Before you make decision where to attend college.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your experiences (and that of your friend) truly sadden me.

9. patrioticcamerican

It's sad and scary that Dr. Hyles seems to have had so much control over people.

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Nobody controls another. They let him have control. Unfortunately so many did not study their Bible to know any better.

11. Broadus

Broadus Member

Nobody controls another. They let him have control. Unfortunately so many did not study their Bible to know any better. </font>[/QUOTE]It's a control by intimidation. It's true that no one truly controls another, but it's almost a cult-like phenoma. Like I said earlier, I was there, albeit over twenty years ago. It's a sad situation.

Bill

12. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Also Dave Hyles is a murderer who caused 17 months old boy's death according a famous prosecutor's book.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] That is true! Same to me! Before 1980 Deaf group from that church with Dr. John Clark went to my church for a revival. I just tapped my finger's tip on girl's shoulder (get her attention) then that girl got HOT TEMPER and bawled me out saying, "DO NOT TOUCH ME, even MY BODY" I asked her, what do I get her attention? She answered wave your hand in front of her face WITHOUT TOUCHING her! Because of 1 Cor. 7:1. A few years ago in DBFA (Deaf Baptist Fellowship of America) this SAME girl was there. Guess what? She HUGGED Christian men for not seeing each other a long time. DOUBLE STANDARD!!!!!! :rolleyes:

DeafPosttrib, can you explain, what 1 Cor. 7:1 mean? Please!

Dr. Jack Clark admitted that he ignored his family. His one son rebelled against him until he repented. John Clark failed his family because he spent his time at the church as #1 as most important than his family. He realized that he is wrong then he left there for GOOD!
    Dues to their BAD reptution!
    Well, I never forget what Dr. Jack Clark said. He said if you are deaf, you MUST marry a DEAF girl! Many deaf couples got divorced more THAN a deaf spouse and a hearing spouse.
    AMEN! AMEN! [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Askjo,

Good to hear from you again.

Yes, you are right, Dr. John Clark admitted that he almost lost his oldest son. I watched 1987 DBFA video. John Clark told to the audience at First Baptist Church of Hammond, IN. He said, he almost lose his son, because he focus on his ministry and evangeling across America too much, and not have time with his family. John Clark left First Baptist Church in 1970 or 1971, I guess, he seems not happy with that church.

You saying, John Clark told you, that college requires deaf student marry deaf student.

Recently, three years ago, I heard a deaf man who graduated from HAC, got married with hearing student from HAC. I was surprised. I guess, HAC's public changed little bit.

You want me to define word, 'touch' of 1 Cor. 7:1.

Well, I will reply back to you later late tonight or early morning, what does it means.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

14. patrioticcamerican

dpogs, I recommend that you check out Pensacola Christian College or some small Bible College rather than HAC, but you have to do what you believe God wants you to do.

Did I already say that? Sorry if it's a repeat. [​IMG]

15. Askjo

Askjo New Member

No, John Clark was there at First Baptist Church in 1970 or 1971 because he was a preacher to the Deaf there until about 1988. Do you know Adam Zane? Adam was a preacher to the Deaf in Avon, Indiana and moved in GA until death in 1988. That's why DR. John Clark left First Baptist Church in Hammond, Indiana and took Adam's place in GA.
    No, no! Dr. John Clark told teen boys in Bill Rice Ranch that a deaf man MUST marry a deaf girl.
    Please explain what it means.

16. superdave

superdave New Member

That's kind of like "Out of the fire, and into the frying pan" to reverse the old cliche.

PCC has some of the same diseases as HAC, but the patient is less critical at this point.

17. Broadus

Broadus Member

That's kind of like "Out of the fire, and into the frying pan" to reverse the old cliche.

PCC has some of the same diseases as HAC, but the patient is less critical at this point.
    </font>[/QUOTE]FWIW, I agree with that assessment.

Bill

18. patrioticcamerican

Superdave and Broadus, could you please explain what you mean? I don't necessarily agree 100% with every single little thing about PCC, but I would hardly classify them as being like Hyles. Maybe there's something I don't know. Could you be more specific? Perhaps I should start a new thread for this.
    http://www.baptistboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/8/426.html?

19. patrioticcamerican

Just an addendum to this comment to make it clear: What I meant by not agreeing was that no one is going to agree with every single little thing about a given college, no matter how good it is, but I think that the thing to do is to find the one that you agree with most and choose that one, and not focus too much on the minute things you may disagree about. So I guess that's not really a response to anyone, just a clarification of what I was trying to say. I would still hardly classify PCC as being anything like Hyles. :)

20. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    PCC's stand on KJVonly, smothering autocratic authority of the school over every area of life, non-local church, non-Baptist, legalism, etc all have parallels with HAC.

But agree; nothing is as bad as HAC among leading ifbX schools. Sadly, there are many many "clone" schools that make the extremes of HAC look "normal"!