1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured ANY Here ever been involved in fighting Demonic activity?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ONLY if it is in the Will of God though!

2. timf

timf Member

Over twenty years ago I was walking out of a drug store when I noticed a poster in the window announcing an event at a downtown hotel. Elizabeth Claire Prophet was going to be speaking and people were invited to hear messages from angels. Elizabeth Claire Prophet channels demonic messages.

I felt led by the Holy Spirit to print tracts and pass them out at this event. It was in the winter time and the people at the event complained to the hotel and I was told that the police were being called. As I was on a public side walk I thought I was not in trouble, yet a dark gloom of foreboding settled over me that was quite oppressive.

The Bible verse in hymn form came to my mind, "I know whom I have believed". I thought of the verse on spiritual warfare about raising the shield of faith. It was amazing to see the gloom suddenly dissipate. Everything worked exactly as the Bible said.

I have never felt led to do anything similar since. I am not sure anything I did helped anyone else. I do know that the experience gave me a deep appreciation for the reality of the Bible and reliability of what it says.

3. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    On this forum about every time I post something.

4. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're full of BS.

Do you wear glasses, are you overweight, ever take any kind of medicine, need to sleep, sin... If so you are greater than Paul or John. The elect look forward to a glorified body that is incorruptible and do so by faith. We don't have it yet.

O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God-through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Erastus stayed in Corinth, but Trophimus I have left in Miletus sick.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Didn't paul have something to say about those claiming to be "Super Apostles/having already arrived?" as the real Apsotles were being tested and tried daily!